cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy fold screen issues

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am looking for other people who are in the same situation as me. They got a galaxy fold phone, the screen went in the middle due to the manufacturing of the phone yet ee nor Samsung will admit fault and expect a payment for repair . Might I add that this is only 7 month into a 24 month  contract so I'm now the proud owner of a not great skinny screen 1200 pounds phone. 

I'm having to take this matter to the ombudsman although ee seem to be taking a lot of time sending me a deadlock letter. After 15 years of custom I've received no help on the matter even though its blatantly obvious that the fold screen is not fit for purpose and has major  faults

It goes to show when some companies won't even insure the phone that there are major issues yet ee continue to sell them

If my contracts were lower I would leave now but unfortunately the four contracts I have with ee are a fair way away from finishing. I will be moving to 02 after over 15 years as I have been made out to be a liar by ee. I will make sure as many people know that ee will not help if you get a fold phone on as many platforms as possible and hopefully succeed with the ombudsman case.

Ee deny knowing that there is an issue with the fold 3 yet I have a screenshot of an ee employee on the ee app saying they are aware of the issue

The whole thing is a joke, never had an issue with ee but maybe now bt have bought them the customer service will go too.

Yes this is a rant but to have to take something as far as the ombudsman because a phone company who supplied your phone won't help is pretty annoying especially as my bill is £180 pm

41 REPLIES 41
Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

And your explanation is exactly why I'm taking it to the ombudsman,  for a start the plastic peeling away on the front screen is the original plastic cover which was on the phone which is not and never has been fixed to any phone, I kept this on to preserve the front screen. Secondly the marks on the corner are the complete opposite side to where the centre of the fold is faulty. If those marks were to have caused that then not only would the edges of the inner screen be damaged (which by the pic you can see they are not) the front screen would also have got damaged as the alleged impact would be straight to the front screen.  I have taken this phone to a reputable phone repair company who also agree that there is no way the marks on the edges could have caused this to the centre of the fold. To add to that there are 100s of same cases with the fold 3 reported and as stated in earlier messages I am gathering all these up as evidence to ee and Samsung that this £1200 phone is not fit for purpose. 

Thanks for the opinion but I'm well aware of the excuses of ee and Samsung as to why the warranty is void and I will succeed in proving that the fold 3 is faulty. 

To add you can easily mark the 'electroplated' paint work with keys, a lighter and coins 

Ahmedmakhlouf1
Visitor

I'm in the same issue with my Samsung fold 3 , the big screen not responding any touch and I checked online and they all said could be hardware issues 

I take my phone to the store and I have to pay 500 to send it coz I have scratch in back of the phone which is nothing to do with the big screen not working and is absolutely like new , I don't know what happened,  I wake up and I found the phone screen not working and pink line on right on top of the the screen , now ee try to say is because the scratch,  what jok , they  scratch on back make me not covered and maybe I have to pay and is clear is hardware issue as I seen online , I been with ee over 10 years ams that how they treat loyal customers,  not happy 

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The more people that take the issue further the better that way ee will not rip customers off

elchrisso79
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in exactly the same boat, I have a z fold 4, 8 months in to a 2 yr contract, a crack on opening and then a line down the middle and an unresposive screen, Samsung will void the warranty due to an unrelated small scratch on the outer screen on the opposite side to the hinge, EE don't want to know and just pass the buck to samsung. Legally my contract is with EE and not Samsung, so yeah, I'll also be going to the ombudsman amd leaving EE after 14 yrs

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @elchrisso79 

I am sorry to hear this, have you tried going into an EE Store to see if this can be sent for repair? 

Leanne 🙂

Yes, and they said they would charge me £700 for the repair which I am disappointed in, the only thing i will accept is an exchange to a more reliable model, i'm  not willing to go through all this hassle just to be acccused of causing the issue myself

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back to me @elchrisso79 

Please call us on 150 to discuss your options and see what the team can do to help 🙂

Leanne.

I spent an hour on the phone yesterday and nothing was done, I really have tried, this is a longstanding known fault which i was told had been solved with the 4th generation fold phones which is the only reason i went for it, i so wish i would have trusted my instincts and went for the S range instead, always had those phones and had no trouble with them

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EE have not helped and I am stuck with a faulty phone, I have moved one of my contracts over to 02 and have three more contract which once expired will also move over

Leanne_T

Hi @Bazza1306 @elchrisso79 

I am very sorry to hear this, I would suggest contacting Samsung to see if they can offer a repair for you. 

Leanne.