cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy fold screen issues

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am looking for other people who are in the same situation as me. They got a galaxy fold phone, the screen went in the middle due to the manufacturing of the phone yet ee nor Samsung will admit fault and expect a payment for repair . Might I add that this is only 7 month into a 24 month  contract so I'm now the proud owner of a not great skinny screen 1200 pounds phone. 

I'm having to take this matter to the ombudsman although ee seem to be taking a lot of time sending me a deadlock letter. After 15 years of custom I've received no help on the matter even though its blatantly obvious that the fold screen is not fit for purpose and has major  faults

It goes to show when some companies won't even insure the phone that there are major issues yet ee continue to sell them

If my contracts were lower I would leave now but unfortunately the four contracts I have with ee are a fair way away from finishing. I will be moving to 02 after over 15 years as I have been made out to be a liar by ee. I will make sure as many people know that ee will not help if you get a fold phone on as many platforms as possible and hopefully succeed with the ombudsman case.

Ee deny knowing that there is an issue with the fold 3 yet I have a screenshot of an ee employee on the ee app saying they are aware of the issue

The whole thing is a joke, never had an issue with ee but maybe now bt have bought them the customer service will go too.

Yes this is a rant but to have to take something as far as the ombudsman because a phone company who supplied your phone won't help is pretty annoying especially as my bill is £180 pm

41 REPLIES 41

You are kidding right!? Have you actually read the complaints!? I already said Samsung are voiding the warranty for any unrelated marks or scratches and I already said, legally my contract is with EE , not Samsung, it is not my responsibility to deal with Samsung, EE are just passing the buck and sidestepping the issue, maybe I'll just cancel my contract, cancel my direct debit and not pay you a penny ever again and that'll grab someones attention quick enough!!!!!!!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @elchrisso79 

Please get back in touch with our mobile care team to see if they can offer any further support for this. 

Leanne.

Bazza1306
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The problem is EE don't support us on this, they try pass onto Samsung leaving people with an expensive contract which is impossible to get-out of, I even paid extra to upgrade after a year, now the phone is faulty I can't upgrade but still have to pay extra for the privilege of being able to

You have list my custom and my 4 contacts will be moved to 02

HolmPC
Visitor

I registered an account to add my voice to this. I'm not with EE but bought my Z fold 4 direct from samsung, and this morning after 6 months got exactly the same problem. My phone is immaculate, nos scratches or defects, never been dropped, and now has a thick black like down the middle of the unresponsive inner screen. I'm sending it to samsung for repair but from what I've read I'm expecting Samsung to accuse me of damaging it.

If you have a case with the obbudsman I'd like to add my voice to it. 

Well after a week of emails, phone calls, web chats and store visits, I still have a faulty phone. Last week I noticed that it wouldn't open fully, so I planned to visit the EE store for advice, that morning I opened it and there was a crack and a line appered down the fold and the screen was unresponsive, the EE store advised me to go to Samsung , who subsequently said an unrelated scratch on the outer sceen, opposite to the hinge therefore voided the warranty, so there was no way i was sending the phone to them, after research I discovered that under the 2015 consumer rights act, if a product has a manufacturing defect and is not fit for purpose, then as a consumer you have a right for a repair or replacement, neither EE or Samsung are abiding by this law as this screen issue is due to excessive dust ingress in the hinge mechanism and undue stress on the inner screen on folding, causing it to fail at any point. To cut a long story short, EE don't want to know, I got as high as the " executive customer complaints team" who basically fobbed me off and offered to send me a "deadlock" letter, after 14yrs I am shocked at their attitude and will NEVER use them or Samsung again , EVER . UK'S no.1 network? You must be kidding! 

IMG-20230619-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20230619-WA0003.jpg

sjl264
Investigator
Investigator

Good Morning.

I also have the same issue with EE and Samsung. I have a Fold 3 with the cracks in the Centre of the fold. I booked an appointment with Samsung they looked at it on the reception desk and said due to a tiny mark on the fold screen it couldn't be repaired under warranty, they suggested going back to EE. I visited my local store and booked it in for repair on the Saturday, i had a message on the Monday morning to say an engineer was investigating, then a message saying it was being returned in the afternoon to the store, so no repair. I spend £3000 a year with EE i will be contacting customer services although i would assume this is a waist of time.  To make matters worse my wife has a Flip4 and has exactly the same fault and this was only purchased in September 2022 So one is 16 months old the other is 10 months old. These products are not fit for purpose. I will be withdrawing all my contracts from EE as they expire and i will not by another Samsung product EVER. EE the excuse that Samsung are responsible is NOT GOOD ENOUGH you are knowingly selling these products that have known issues.

Good Morning.

I have the same issue as others on the forum with Samsung. I have a Fold 3 with the cracks in the Centre of the fold. I booked an appointment with Samsung they looked at it on the reception desk and said due to a tiny mark on the fold screen it couldn't be repaired under warranty, they suggested going back to EE. I visited my local store and booked it in for repair on the Saturday, i had a message on the Monday morning to say an engineer was investigating, then a message saying it was being returned in the afternoon to the store, so no repair. I spend £3000 a year with EE i will be contacting customer services although i would assume this is a waist of time.  To make matters worse my wife has a Flip4 and has exactly the same fault and this was only purchased in September 2022 So one is 16 months old the other is 10 months old. These products are not fit for purpose. I will be withdrawing all my contracts from EE as they expire and i will not by another Samsung product EVER. EE the excuse that Samsung are responsible is NOT GOOD ENOUGH you are knowingly selling these products that have known issues.

Christopher_G

I'm sorry to hear that you have this problem with your device, @sjl264.

I'd definitely recommend calling to speak to our Mobile Care team so they can log this against your account and check what options you have available.

Chris

Your kidding right!?? You need to actually read and pay attention to these complaints, the "mobile care team" just pass the buck and DO NOTHING, i still haven't had my deadlock letter, EE IS BEHAVING CONTRARY TO THE 2014 CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT, THE Z FOLD AND FLIP PHONES HAVE A MANUFACTURING DEFECT WHICH IS MAKING THEM UNFIT FOR PURPOSE FOR THE 2 YEAR CONTRACT THAT YOU TIE US TO, MY PHONE DOES NOT EVEN OPEN PAST 45 DEGREES NOW I'M LEFT WITH A FAULTY USELESS PHONE AND ALL YOU HAVE DONE IS THREATEN ME WHEN I WITHHELD MY PAYMENT TO TRY AMD GET SOMEONE TO ACTUALLY LISTEN!!! ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, I'M COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS TO WHEN I CAN END MY 14 YEAR RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS COMPANY!

Christopher_G

Have you raised a complaint through our Mobile Care team or on our complaints page, @elchrisso79?

Chris