Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV trial not working

Badger1025
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Like many others I'm really struggling to activate the 6 month free Apple TV subscription.  I have the add on live on my account, however the link  I was sent via 150 does not work, just goes straight to apple tv home page with the offer of a free 7 day trial. I've had two lengthy calls with EE now, one suggesting I openened the link over mobile data (doesn't work) and another where I was just fobbed off and never heard back. Not sure why something so seemingly simple is proving complicated with zero support on offer from EE. Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this? 

Thanks!

25 REPLIES 25

Hi, I did have a subscription with Apple but I cancelled it and waited until it was no longer active before trying to activate my free trial.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hobbitbrain,

It sounds like everything has been done correctly at your end, so I'd recommend contacting Technical Support on 150 so a member of the team can take another look at it for you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

BigLingLing
Explorer

Yup I am glad that its not only me... Its a pain for a free trial. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BigLingLing 

Have you been sent a link to set up Apple TV+?

If so, what happens when you try and activate the free trial? 

Leanne. 

hobbitbrain
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got it to work after cancelling my subscription to Apple TV and waiting to become a non-subscriber again. Before using the link from EE, I was told to disconnect from wi-fi on my phone. You may also need to copy the link and paste it into a browser on your phone but I didn’t need to do that. 

BigLingLing
Explorer

I managed to get this sorted with the live chat customer service.  

I was advised to try the link again with my phone off the WIFI as the phone needed to be on the network to verify the phone number/account. 

Once I was back on the network and clicked on the new link that they sent , it all registered and Apple pops up with the account being connected. 

I suggest just getting in touch with customer service as it was a quick fix no longer than 5 min.