Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV trial not working

Badger1025
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Like many others I'm really struggling to activate the 6 month free Apple TV subscription.  I have the add on live on my account, however the link  I was sent via 150 does not work, just goes straight to apple tv home page with the offer of a free 7 day trial. I've had two lengthy calls with EE now, one suggesting I openened the link over mobile data (doesn't work) and another where I was just fobbed off and never heard back. Not sure why something so seemingly simple is proving complicated with zero support on offer from EE. Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this? 

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Boomooboo
Visitor

I have the same issue. The link sent via text only takes you to the Apple TV homepage and did nothing more.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
DarrenDev
EE Employee

I assume you're using Safari on your iPhone or iPad? Have you tried a different browser? Or from a different device? I can't remember the exact details at the moment, but I know Safari was causing issues for this.

Hi

No I'm using a Samsung phone. Does this only work on apple devices?

Thanks

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Badger1025,

You should still be able to activate this offer on an Android phone as long as you haven't used this particular offer before.

Have you been able to try a different browser?

James

Hi

Thanks, but using a different browser makes no difference either - link goes straight to the standard apple tv home page

Thanks 

James_B

Have you had an Apple TV+ trial through your EE account before, @Badger1025?

James

Hi there, no I haven't

Thanks

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @Badger1025 

If you speak to our Mobile Care team, they'll do their best to help you get this set up.

Chris

Jaxun
Visitor

I have the same issue on my samsung

Boomooboo
Visitor

I have the same issue. The link sent via text only takes you to the Apple TV homepage and did nothing more.