Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download eSim not working

QSPpp
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

When I order a replacement SIM Online and Select eSim.

It gives the option of downloading the QR code, but it is not displayed and cannot find in the EE app.

I have tried this a few times over the last few months and nothing. As I keep swapping phones to get this working would be amazing.

Has anyone managed to do this before, Is this a broken feature, can someone in EE urgently look at this esp with the new iPhone 12's being announced today?

Thanks,

IMG_0585.PNG

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaoloD
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

You can't download an eSIM... yet - EE are working on it. So, your only option is to either phone 150 & request they post you an eSIM QR Code OR request this online (both options will cost you £1.50): https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/setting-up-an-esim/what-is-an-esim1. 

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
QSPpp
Investigator
Investigator

IMG-0585

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @QSPpp 

I suspect EE haven't quite finished launching online eSIM provisioning yet and that's the issue you are having. For now, you need to get a physical QR code from EE, by calling or going to a store. However it looks like this may change very soon based on this. 

EE can you confirm you’ve released something to consumers that isn’t ready yet?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @QSPpp

Thanks for coming to the community.

I have sent you a private message for some further details.

Thanks.

Leanne.

PaoloD
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Any update on this?

Hatton920
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m trying to download a esim too however nothing is appearing in myee which the website tells me to do. 

sorry but how do you order an eSIM for download? I can't see an option on the website or in the app to do it.

I already have an eSIM in my existing iPhone and need to move it to my new device

Same thing. I need one for tomorrow when I will be switching the account to another device. 

PaoloD
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

You can't download an eSIM... yet - EE are working on it. So, your only option is to either phone 150 & request they post you an eSIM QR Code OR request this online (both options will cost you £1.50): https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/setting-up-an-esim/what-is-an-esim1.