Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone still showing old provider

katifer_5
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I ported my number on Tuesday night from Giffgaff. I got the new phone tonight and put my old sim in it, however the network is still showing as giffgaff , and both my new and old phone are receiving texts. When will it all be moved over to EE? 
Many Thanks!

kate 

13 REPLIES 13
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@katifer_5    Why have you put your old sim in it you need to have the EE sim in the device.  

Ohhhh! Well now I feel stupid 🤣

I didn't even see the sim in the packet. I've put it in now...so how long will it take for the number to port over to my new phone?

Thanks 

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hi there, 

So if you've given your number and PAC code from GiffGaff to EE then it will take (usually) one working day to port across.

The caveat here is if you've entered the details (the number and PAC code) as part of the order journey if you ordered your service online. 

Whilst the number port will be ready to go, you'd need to activate your sim card and make a call (which it sounds like you have done) to then trigger the port. Again, it'll then take one working day. 

So chances are, if you this yesterday (Friday), your number will port across on Monday. But might be worth having an eChat with EE so they confirm all is in progress 👍

Ok thank you. I'd like to be able to check it's actually in progress as when I ordered it, I had to call up to chase and it transpired the order got cancelled by accident. I believe when I spoke to them again they ported the number.

I'm just in 30th minute of holding with them 😬

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Ah in that case, as it's not been as smooth as it should be, you're doing the right thing in speaking to them. 

Just make sure you have your PAC code to hand and they can process it if its not already flowing through. Thankfully they last 30 days so easily fixed either way 👍

@katifer_5  Your number will not port across to EE until Tuesday.  It’ll be started on Monday to port. 

Thanks Chris!! 

Hello @Chris_B so now my number has ported over, I need to change it on the iPhone (I’ve come from android) I’ve followed all the instructions but whenever I click save, it stays the same…any suggestions?

thanks!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @katifer_5

Thanks for posting 🙂

Can you try turning off iMessage and Facetime, restart your phone and then check the number, is this now correct? 

Leanne 🙂