Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download eSim not working

QSPpp
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

When I order a replacement SIM Online and Select eSim.

It gives the option of downloading the QR code, but it is not displayed and cannot find in the EE app.

I have tried this a few times over the last few months and nothing. As I keep swapping phones to get this working would be amazing.

Has anyone managed to do this before, Is this a broken feature, can someone in EE urgently look at this esp with the new iPhone 12's being announced today?

Thanks,

IMG_0585.PNG

38 REPLIES 38
Andy111
Visitor

This if frustration is a lot expectly with COVID. I have got a new phone but the post office has delayed so much and still waiting for my esim. Could EE work quicker on downloading QR code on customer account?

Thanks

criostoirom
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have had nothing but trouble getting my iPhone 12 eSim to work. On Tuesday, I was in the Exeter EE store and with help we got a message on the phone that the eSIM had been activated, I was told it may take 24 hours for it to take effect.

Now two days later, my phone still has no cellular signal so no phone calls nor messages. 

I called EE and was told that it has been activated but a scan of the QR code is still needed. I suspect that is missing so I'm going back to the store today to hopefully restore it.

IMO, the eSIM procedure from EE is seriously problematic so I may try going back to using the hard SIM which doesn't work either.

Christo
iPhone 15 Pro Max, Titanium Blue, 1TB Storage.

I went to EE today and they admitted that setting up eSIM is difficult and unsuccessful more often than not. I find this extraordinary. Is it their system that is at fault.

I'm back to a hard SIM now.

Christo
iPhone 15 Pro Max, Titanium Blue, 1TB Storage.

Then why thll wood the bother having it all available as options on the website. It's infuriating. Then you have to wait in an endless que on the 150 line with some bogus excuse that it's a busy time or covid.

Don't offer e sim phones without the backup infrastructure to support it quickly and efficiently like your customer would expect.

It's 2022 and this is still not working even though the support team tell you it does. 

Not impressed to find out my physical SIM has been un provisioned this morning leaving my number offline for my business 😡

Hey bud - it is working now, well it worked for me a number of times.

However...because your number has been un-provisioned, you cannot do the Sim Swap without Customer Service. 

Here is what I would do 

On any smart phone, login to the EE app. Click settings and Sim, and click the number in question and click New Sim ->E SIM,

Scan the QR code on the phone you want to use it, then its going to want to text you to transfer to the new sim. This won't work as your sim is unprovisioned. Then call EE, give them them the E Sim number (SIM Number, not mobile number) and tell then you want it activated against your account.

Hope that helps

Nothing works unless you physically go into the shop with both phones, SIM card and a passport and tell them they have to do it.

Even then EE staff members try to make you call up, which doesn't work. They cannot transfer the Sim to a E-sim or back to a physical SIM online or over the phone. I've tried NUMEROUS times. Its just isn't available even though the website says otherwise.

Has to be done in store and they staff hate doing it as it's a total pain in the **bleep**

Sadly going to the store is not an option for me as they are highly incompetent here in Hounslow, and I'm having the same issue.

I did go to my local EE store and I was told they can't do it for me because "they've run out of eSIMs" hahahha what a load of BS. How do you run out of digitally generated QR codes? 

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

EE provide the eSIM on a bit of paper which has the QR code on it, so they've run out of them. They do not generate a QR code whilst you wait.