Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download eSim not working

QSPpp
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

When I order a replacement SIM Online and Select eSim.

It gives the option of downloading the QR code, but it is not displayed and cannot find in the EE app.

I have tried this a few times over the last few months and nothing. As I keep swapping phones to get this working would be amazing.

Has anyone managed to do this before, Is this a broken feature, can someone in EE urgently look at this esp with the new iPhone 12's being announced today?

Thanks,

IMG_0585.PNG

38 REPLIES 38

Right, went to another store - same issue with ID check, hence they gave me eSIM Replacement kit.

Thing is that for a sim swap you need to have previous card active, which I don’t have.

Jeeeez. That’s pathetic now.

connorpowell
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What do you mean by having the previous card active?

I paid off a contract 5 months early and then three months later decided to call and reactive the line (but instead of getting a refund just use it as credit on account for each monthly bill)

I threw the physical sim in the bin and just went into the store and asked for a eSim; all they wanted was photo ID and two digits from my CS password; 2 minutes later I had it 

Yeah it’s all cool and dandy when the ID verification system works.

connorpowell
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Is your ID registered to a different address or something? Otherwise they just run through a deeper security with you I’m really confused by what you meant 

Dude, EE store ID verification systems failed today.

Nothing wrong with my ID etc.

PaoloD
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

UPDATE: I've done it, transferred my eSIM from one iPhone to another, by requesting (via myEE) a replacement eSIM QR Code in the post, which came within 48 hours. Some people think you need to transfer to a physical SIM before then transferring again back to an eSIM, but that's an unnecessary extra step.

For transferring esim from one device to new device, which option did you choose when ordering the esim? New handset or replacement?  

sim swap.JPG

PaoloD
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Replacement.

@Pastod I’m in the exact same predicament!! Yes I got my new iPhone 12 Max on Friday. But can’t transfer the esim as suggested by someone in EE customer service last Monday. I should of known and just gone ahead and ordered one online. I spoke to EE tech on Friday who said he would order one. I can’t access my banking, home security system and cameras. If crazy how one person in CS can really grind things to a complete standstill. 

If you contact customer services and let them know that due to getting new phone and hopefully they will waive the delivery fee like they did for me