Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download eSim not working

QSPpp
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

When I order a replacement SIM Online and Select eSim.

It gives the option of downloading the QR code, but it is not displayed and cannot find in the EE app.

I have tried this a few times over the last few months and nothing. As I keep swapping phones to get this working would be amazing.

Has anyone managed to do this before, Is this a broken feature, can someone in EE urgently look at this esp with the new iPhone 12's being announced today?

Thanks,

IMG_0585.PNG

38 REPLIES 38

Hi,

I'm having the same issue in that everything looks like it should work except the Download button doesn't do anything. Is there an issue with the software. Not being able to download a replacement esim after upgrading phones makes the upgrade cycle very clumsy. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Murray

PaoloD
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Murray, EE told me 2 days ago that the digital (download) option is coming soon. So we shouldn't really be seeing it yet, which is probably why it's not working for you. You'll have to go with the QR code in the post instead. Annoying I know! 

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You can also pop into an EE store, but check if you need to make an appointment and take photo ID with you too.

Thanks, 

Won't hold my breath but it will be good to do it digitally eventually. I'm overseas and they won't a QR code offshore. 

Just been to Milton Keynes to pickup new phone and here it goes:

- EE store there cannot scan the ID, therefore are unable to give you out the QR or physical sim

- Apple tried to transfer my plan between devices when changing but to no availability - plan stated to be non transferable. They said it’s first as they never seen it like that.

- went back to EE with hope to get ID scanned again but whole MK systems are down at the moment. They do advise to use posted code service.

So here I am now with no plan on my phone, no messages, mails, no option to verify my banking apps etc.

Thanks EE, really great service.

ps. If you have preproduction apps exposed externally (QR generator), that’s crap management and security from app devs.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Have you still got your old phone @Pastod

If not,  you will have to wait for the eSIM to be sent, but worth trying the store again to see if they've fixed their ID issues.

No, old phone was swapped in upgrade programme.

Waiting for post is pretty crap in these days especially when all can be done digitally.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I agree, but EE has never said they support eSIM provisioning online, so the same ways as before are to be used. 

connorpowell
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I don’t know if this will be of any use to anyone; but when I went in-store to get an EE Sim, there system was down due to the launch of the iPhone 12 and as so many people were trying to access the eSim generation software it couldn’t handle the capacity and wouldn’t even load in store.

I have since been back to the store and they’re working just fine; took about 2 minutes for them to sort it out for me and they gave me a little eSim pack with the QR code inside of it; and registering it to my device took no more than 30 seconds.

Also its worth noting they’re free in store for pay monthly customers; but if you call customer services for one youll have to pay £1.50 and delivery within 3 business days