cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with phone

UncleBob1
Contributor
Contributor

I have one sim card, in the phone it can be seen in settings in two places with a different number on each, I'm having issues with phone could this be a cause

24 REPLIES 24
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @UncleBob1

Welcome to the community. 

Have you recently ported your number? if so, could the other number be a temporary number that was provided?

What issues are you experiencing?

Speak soon, 

Katie

UncleBob1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Katie_B ,

I joined  EE the middle of last week, after leaving PlusNet due to them closing mobile accounts in the early days of this year, 

I received my sim last Wednesday with my old number transferred to it, but I could see its original number on its packet,

I put it in my phone, and sent a text, but to the recipient it arrived from the sims number not mine, the same when making  a

call, I rang EE  and they went through it with me, I left it over night and the next day all was good, but not for long I was able to send a text but not receive one and then not receive one, If I made a call I would be told I've Dialed incorrectly, if I was rang they were told I'm not available, and thats how its been since wenesday I'v rang EE everyday at least once, I rang this morning, and now I have an over night wait to see if this mornings actions have cured it, EE will call me about midday on the land line, its becoming boring,

Cheers UncleBob1 .

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @UncleBob1

Please keep us updated tomorrow to let us know if this has been resolved. 

Katie

UncleBob1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Katie,

As I've said before  I've been on the phone to EE every day at least once, today I spoke to a lady in northern Ireland , she was very knowledgeable listening to me, she put me on hold and went away and sorted it, came back to tell me it was a porting issue and its PlusNet's error they have not sent over all the necessary files to complete my transfer so she has set the ball rolling it will take 72 hr's to complete so Friday afternoon it is then,  here's hoping 

UncleBob1

Christopher_G

Fingers crossed that's it sorted, @UncleBob1 

Please keep us updated on what happens.

Thanks
Chris

UncleBob1
Contributor
Contributor

No joy yet, I've waited 72 hrs from my last call for the fix, told its being investigated why PlusNet have failed

to transfer my number, I await a call next Tuesday morning , I pointed out I've received my first bill and when it's due, 

and I have not been able to use the phone yet, I've taken the sim card out and will use WhatsApp as long as I

can log on any near-by Broadband, so thats it for now. 

UncleBob1
Contributor
Contributor

I've just noticed my direct debit has been taken, and my phone isn't usable yet, what the 😡.

Christopher_G

The EE SIM is likely to be active with a temporary number, @UncleBob1. It's difficult to say, as we don't have access to your account here. Once it's been established where the problem lies, they'll be able to check if you've overpaid because of a system issue.

Chris

UncleBob1
Contributor
Contributor

And so it continues, I was called this morning on the land line as promised, and reported no change still unusable,

being put on hold for several minutes, told I will be called next Monday, but to check the phone occasionally,

I said my contract started on January 2nd and a direct debit has been taken, she said I will be compensated,

I asked are there many cases like this and she said thousands, so hey ho.