cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Pac Code Form Not Working

HighwayChile
Explorer

I am trying to transfer to EE from Plusnet. I have my new SIM and my Pac code from Plusnet. I have gone to ee.co.uk/transfermynumber as instructed - but it won't accept the PAC code as valid. I have contacted Plusnet & they are certain the code is valid.  Have tried to ring EE but can't get through. Have tried EE Twitter, but no response. So here I am - running out of options. Help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HighwayChile
Explorer

I think I have found the problem (in case it helps anyone else). There is an online transfer process set up for customers of Plusnet to switch to EE.  That online form takes your Pac code. Then, days later, you get your new SIM with instructions to go to ee.co.uk/transfermynumber. This also requests your Pac code. But because that has already been submitted previously, the web form throws an error and complains that the Pac code is invalid. It turns out though that behind the scenes the transfer process has already started and will complete in the normal way.  Oh my, how much time have I wasted today on this... 😥

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HighwayChile
Explorer

I think I have found the problem (in case it helps anyone else). There is an online transfer process set up for customers of Plusnet to switch to EE.  That online form takes your Pac code. Then, days later, you get your new SIM with instructions to go to ee.co.uk/transfermynumber. This also requests your Pac code. But because that has already been submitted previously, the web form throws an error and complains that the Pac code is invalid. It turns out though that behind the scenes the transfer process has already started and will complete in the normal way.  Oh my, how much time have I wasted today on this... 😥

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for sharing @HighwayChile 

Appreciate you posting and letting other customer's know 🙂

Leanne.

KristelS
Visitor

Ahh ok, so once I've created an account then I don't have to do anything but wait for 24 hours ish and they'll do everything their end as my PAC code is being rejected as well. 

James_B

That's right @KristelS 🙂

James

philogara
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @HighwayChile 

Wow, that is pretty rubbish start to life with EE 🙄

Christopher_G

Welcome to the community, @philogara 

Is there something you need some help with?

Chris

Hi, to be honest I don't know.

I have had the same issue as the OP with two phones (mine and my daughter's) whereby it does not seem to like the Plusnet supplied PAC numbers. I am hoping his "resolution" is correct and I need to wait a day or two...

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @philogara 

Have you spoken to our Mobile Care team, just so they can check it for you?

Chris

Hi @Christopher_G ,

I haven't, the message came through yesterday to say the transfer was complete - so it worked - on both numbers

Just seems odd that there is an error in the process 3 months after identified (at least).