PAC confusion

ianground
Investigator
Investigator

I have two numbers on a O2 Business Account. I am trying to port them both as additional lines on an existing EE account. O2 say I only need one PAC number to give to EE for the port for both lines. But the EE agent insists that they have to be unique numbers so. two different PACs.  Offcom advice appears to be that one PAC may be used for multiple numbers. The text to switch service in order to get  a PAC from O2 doesent work because it says that they are multiple numbers on the account and that I have to contact them, When I do they just issue the same PAC for both numbers which EE likely wont accept. Is this just a poor EE agent giving me bad advice? My next strategy is to do one of the phones. Then request a new PAC for the outstanding O2 port. But does anyone else have any advice on this before it all goes pear shaped? 

13 REPLIES 13
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @ianground 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you tried using the same PAC for both numbers on the transfer your number to EE form? You will need the temporary EE number to complete the request. 

If you would prefer to complete both over the phone, please try calling us again on 150 to complete this, if there is any problem using the same PAC the team will let you know when completing the transfer for you. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

ianground
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your reply @Leanne_T . The agent insisting on two PACs was on the visual chat line. I will call the transfer team soon and bear in mind the temporary EE number option. Presumably if they cant use one PAC for both, then they give me a temporary number for one of the lines and then I use that to shift to the number it should be? (there does seem to be some confusion in the industry about this. According to Ofcom I should be able to use the same PAC. 

Switching between two and 24 numbers – using the Auto-Switch process

To switch between two and 24 numbers, you will need to request a PAC online or by phone. If you request it by phone, it must be provided to you immediately over the phone or, if this is not possible, within two hours from the end of the phone call. If you request it online, it must be provided within two working days of your request.

Switching between two and 24 numbers – using the Auto-Switch process

To switch between two and 24 numbers, you will need to request a PAC online or by phone. If you request it by phone, it must be provided to you immediately over the phone or, if this is not possible, within two hours from the end of the phone call. If you request it online, it must be provided within two working days of your request.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice-for-businesses/switching/switching-mobile#:~:text=To%20switch%20betw...

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to us @ianground

I do believe it is one PAC per number.

Have you tried clicking the online form provided by @Leanne_T to see if you can use the same PAC for both numbers you are switching to EE?

If not and you wish to call it would be great if you could keep us updated here on the community.

Katie 🙂

Hi @Katie_B and @Leanne_T 

I appreciate your replies, However the link given by Katie leads to a 404 page not found error. (even when I am logged into the EE site). Could it be send again please?

thanks

Katie_B

Hi @ianground

Sorry about that. 

Could you confirm if you are moving to an EE Business account or a personal?

Katie

ianground
Investigator
Investigator

@Katie_B I am moving two O2 numbers on a business account to 2 extra lines of my personal EE account

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming @ianground

It will be this form HERE

Please let me know if the link doesn't work. 

Katie

@Katie_B 

the link in the address you give is https://ee.co.uk/app/validate-otp

this gives

404 Not Found

nginx
Katie_B

I'm sorry it's still showing that error code @ianground

The link for the form can be found on this page, it's the fourth step under 'How do I transfer my old number to my new EE plan?'.

Katie