cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with phone

UncleBob1
Contributor
Contributor

I have one sim card, in the phone it can be seen in settings in two places with a different number on each, I'm having issues with phone could this be a cause

24 REPLIES 24
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and updating us @UncleBob1 

Please let us know how you get on when the team call you again. 

Leanne.

Hum very strange, although I joined EE on jan 2nd, and not been able to use the phone yet, I switched it on this morning to find I had a text from EE, I thought great something is happening , it was from the EE points program reminding me that I am a high-quality user of the company, and I have be given some points as a gift they expire in three days, 5250 in fact , there were several item one was a smart watch mine for 5000 points further on a request for my card details, wow I thought EE have my card details,  scam alert I thought, what do you think,  but a greater mystery how did the text get to me, 07311 957987 was the number the text was from, I dialled it but was told incorrect number as normal so all very strange.

Leanne_T

Hi @UncleBob1 

That isn't a genuine message from EE.

Please report it by forwarding the message to 7726.

Our Online Security: Avoid and Prevent Scams | EE Help page has information on reporting any scams to our security team

Leanne.

Hi  Leanne_T

thanks for confirming what I thought, unfortunately I can't see how to forward it, and I don't think my phone

could any way at the moment.

UncleBob1 

Leanne_T

Hi @UncleBob1 

You would need to be able to send texts to copy the message and send to 7726 or forward this. Please delete the message and don't click on any links and enter personal details. 

Leanne.

Hi  Leanne_T

I opened the window to delete and  noticed a Block and report as spam option 

so did that then deleted it.  thanks for your help.

UncleBob1

Leanne_T

No problem @UncleBob1 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

UncleBob1
Contributor
Contributor

Well although my mobile hasn't been fully ported yet I await a land line call on Monday, hopefully it will be sorted by then.

meanwhile by my own endeavour I can make and receive calls using wifi connection to the mobile network,

but limits me to be in range of a router, so I believe what's missing from my porting is the ability of the phone to connect itself

to the mobile network , and yes the phone is switched on to use mobile data, but apparently it can't ,

so I await Monday,  here's hoping,

UncleBob1

bristolian
Legend
Legend

All that alters with WiFi-calling, assuming that's what you're referring to, is that the radio access bearer is different. The core network - including porting & provisioning data - is the same.

I suspect you're referring to using web-calling apps such as WhatsApp, Skype, Messenger and suchlike.

UncleBob1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, What I did was to turn on allow the phone to use Wi-Fi , it already is turned on to allow to use Data also EE Data 

as the preferred one, I noticed at the top of the screen a small Vo appeared besides the Data bars, I made a test call and

it was answered, I asked for a call back and received it. I turned the router off and the phone reverted back to how it

has been, I make a call and be told I've dialled an incorrect number, anyone calling me would go straight to voicemail,

it's all very interesting, but I'll be glad when it's resolved.

cheers UncleBob1.