cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM verification code issues

bilal29
Investigator
Investigator

So, i’ve recently had my number ported over from a PAYG to a Contract Sim, which has happened. The contract eSIM then dropped service, as expected, so I when to the EE app and requested a new eSIM to add onto my phone. I followed the steps, and the iphone prompt said “eSIM Activated” but in settings the number was a bunch of 0000000 and I had 0 service. Also, EE had prompted me to activate the sim, with a text message. That is not possible as I have 0 service, and no physical sim. 

Anyone else experiencing this???

12 REPLIES 12

Hello, 

Not a verified EE support member but i have a fix you could attempt. 

Ring EE, request a physical sim, I understand this may not be viable for all, however it would resolve the issue your having now. 

Once you have got your physical sim, you can have it swapped out for a eSIM via the EE app. I’ve had a similar issue to you regarding issues with verification, however mine required a code to activate the eSIM, whereas yours is to access the account. 

Hope this helps! 

I think after reading other posts and speaking to them I would prefer the option of the QR code4 in the post as it seems that P2E is not a great experience either. If I need to wait for the post tomorrow, scan a QR code and not then go through this twice for sure I'll take that. I will come back and update if receiving the QR code by snail mail works or not.

Just for context I should have said I work for a very large solutions supplier in a 3rd line role. Vodafone were having this issue with e-sims last year but they resolved quite easily with QR codes by email (albeit with the right push). Instant. Issue resolved in less than 30 minutes. Here I'm faced with a company that seem incapable of doing this in a obvious way. When I HAVE to speak to technical teams professionally I expect a better service offering.

I would point out that the EE Technical team helped me as much as possible although if I wasn't aware technically I would have accepted the first option offered that I knew would not work and tomorrow I would still have to phone back and go through the technical team yet again. 

I repeat - a terrible first experience as a new customer.

stevewal
Investigator
Investigator

So I finally got connected but with NO help from the Technical team. Thought I would come back and post the update for the benefit of others now I actually have some time.

Unsurprisingly the  e-Sim did not arrive in the post the following day or the day after. In fact it was nearly a week and I couldn't wait so by the time it arrived I had  already visited the Richmond store to get a physical sim. First thing they did was phone customer services. Went round the houses again exactly as I had done on the phone calls myself before they finally realised after over half an hour that the Technical team did not know how to fix this. Next snag - their new store system (Excalibur) was down and they were told not to use it (and thus issue a Physical sim). So struggling just to get a sim from them. Really ?

After a good bit of perseverance they eventually came out with a connected physical sim by using the usual sim swap system and saved me yet another call to the very poorly trained technical team. Thank heavens because I was losing the will to live although the wife was very impressed with my patience so every cloud eh.

God knows how people who don't know what they are doing get anything out of EE.

I am still toying with the idea of writing it up as well as here.

Why can't EE just email out e-Sims like the other networks and MVNO's ?

Terrible experience as a new customer to EE.

Be warned new EE customers be warned.