cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM verification code issues

bilal29
Investigator
Investigator

So, i’ve recently had my number ported over from a PAYG to a Contract Sim, which has happened. The contract eSIM then dropped service, as expected, so I when to the EE app and requested a new eSIM to add onto my phone. I followed the steps, and the iphone prompt said “eSIM Activated” but in settings the number was a bunch of 0000000 and I had 0 service. Also, EE had prompted me to activate the sim, with a text message. That is not possible as I have 0 service, and no physical sim. 

Anyone else experiencing this???

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So you need a working sim to request an eSIM… ? Why is there an option to request a replacement eSIM when you lose your physical one. 

Anyways, the issue was resolved by calling 150 and transferring to the technical support team. They were able to bypass the verification code, allowing for my sim to activate. 

If you’re experiencing this issue, just drop them a call, and they give you a step by step guide on how to fix it. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@bilal29  To activate the esim you need a working sim to  receive the code to authenticate the request to change to a eSim.   

When you change from PAYG to a sim only contract your sim should have still of been working but as a sim only contact that’s when you request to change to a esim.   You should have never lost connection with the EE network as you stated.  

So you need a working sim to request an eSIM… ? Why is there an option to request a replacement eSIM when you lose your physical one. 

Anyways, the issue was resolved by calling 150 and transferring to the technical support team. They were able to bypass the verification code, allowing for my sim to activate. 

If you’re experiencing this issue, just drop them a call, and they give you a step by step guide on how to fix it. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and sharing your experience @bilal29 

To activate a SIM or download an eSIM through the EE app or online, you would need a PIN to confirm you have requested this.

Leanne.

I am new to EE and ordered a new plan with e-sim. I have tried to log in online and on the app and it wants to send me a text message to get my e-sim. How can I receive a text message BEFORE I have an e-sim ?

Christopher_G

Hi @stevewal 

Welcome to the community.

When did you order your plan? Have you received a QR code through the post?

Chris

Thanks for the prompt response. No QR code. Just a message saying this

stevewal_0-1712654594481.png

I tried watching the video and logged into  the app but then when I tried to continue it wanted to send me a text ...

I even tried re-registering with a different email address

Like I say there is obviously a gap here. From other posts it looks like I am going to have to phone customer services to get this sorted or raise a complaint as no other method I can find. Not a great first experience with EE.

stevewal
Investigator
Investigator

BTW In answer to your other question I ordered last week and got the emails saying the order was on the way and my direct debit details. Still nothing further today.

Leanne_T

Hi @stevewal 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Please give us a call and our mobile guides will certainly get this looked into for you. 

Our Contact EE page has contact details for getting in touch. 

Leanne.

Hi. I have called. Spoke to the technical team. The conclusion is still there is no way round this and I shouldn’t have been allowed to order an e-sim without a phone as a new customer as they cannot email QR codes. Have to be sent by post to new customers who obviously have no active sim to receive SMS verification codes and therefore no way of downloading.

so now I wait until tomorrow to see if this arrives in the post. How have

1. such a large organisation allowed this to happen in the first place and

2. not given their technical team access to resolve this instantly over the phone.

EE really need to take a look at this.