cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM QR Code not working

Rovi
Visitor

So I just upgraded my monthly contract to a SIM Only plan and bought a Pixel 6 unlocked directly from Google.

On receipt of the new phone, I've deleted the eSIM from my existing phone (pixel 4) then ordered a replacement online through my EE (digital).

When scanning the QR code on the pixel 6, it says its invalid.

I then tried to scan it on my Pixel 4 to get service back, but its also invalid there too.

Now I have no Service so can't contact customer support.

How can I resolve this? and also, why is your website giving out non-working QR codes.

Also I tried several times, and never clicked the option to say I confirm I've downloaded it. I expect not to get charged 3 times for the faulty QR codes...

65 REPLIES 65

I have a brand new iphone 12 received today from EE.  I can't even find where to get the eSim downloaded.  To make matters worse I can't get the physical Sim inserted into the phone (it seems to jam when nearly in and I'm loathe to push any harder.  What should I do?  

Profile closed
Not applicable

Don’t force the SIM in.

If you have the EE app go to the person icon in the top right of the app. Go to settings and permissions and scroll down to device and sim. 

You’ll be able to download a new eSIM which you’ll then have to activate. You need to be able to receive a text on the old handset for this to happen.

If you’re still having issues call 150 tomorrow and they’ll be able to help. 

Thanks, awaiting pin now - taking some time!

Profile closed
Not applicable

How did it go? All sorted or did you need to contact CS?

Doesn't work on IOS for me? I'm having the same problem. The "$$" fix doesn't work for me on IOS either.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @CIAKIMITSU

I am sorry to hear you are unable to activate the eSIM. 

Please give us a call on 150 and report this with our technical care team. 

Katie