cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM QR Code not working

Rovi
Visitor

So I just upgraded my monthly contract to a SIM Only plan and bought a Pixel 6 unlocked directly from Google.

On receipt of the new phone, I've deleted the eSIM from my existing phone (pixel 4) then ordered a replacement online through my EE (digital).

When scanning the QR code on the pixel 6, it says its invalid.

I then tried to scan it on my Pixel 4 to get service back, but its also invalid there too.

Now I have no Service so can't contact customer support.

How can I resolve this? and also, why is your website giving out non-working QR codes.

Also I tried several times, and never clicked the option to say I confirm I've downloaded it. I expect not to get charged 3 times for the faulty QR codes...

65 REPLIES 65

Excellent answer, I wonder how you discovered that.

EE QR code still not working properly and MyEE so just goes round in circles. This solution worked first time. 👍

You Sir are a legend!!, I was literally about to jump out of a window............EE take note of this!!! 

Thanks @flibblesan84, was tearing my hair out trying to get my eSIM to work over the last 4 - 5 days including a visit to an EE store which went nowhere.  Tried your solution this morning and it's now working - fantastic 😁

Thanks for this suggestion! It's brilliant. Had the same problem on Pixel 6.

I got confused which QR code scan screen you meant. I was looking for "Need help?" on the ee.co.uk Qr screen. However, this was meant on mobile, after clicking on "Download additional card information"

Additionally, I used already pre-installed app Google Lense - one can use it to read Qr code -> copy it -> and when paste data manually and then remove the two following $$.

Thanks!

Thank you so much @lukegb - 6 months later and EE are still generating non-compliant codes (they probably work for iOS so they just don't bother trying to make it work for other phones!) - thankfully your workaround of removing the last $$ did the trick.

@Sean_D as per my previous message I'm afraid the QR code is still very much broken. I've lodged a formal complaint as this situation is simply unacceptable.

this worked! thanks!!

Bloody awesome this worked for me! Thank you 🙂 

Amazing, removing the $$ and making a new qr code solved the problem!

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

That's great to hear @McKnight89

Thanks for letting us know this is now working. 

Katie.

@Katie_B unfortunately it's not working though - it's the workaround from community member here that gets around the issue of EE generating an incorrect QR code.  Do you have an ETA for when this is going to be fixed? I opened a formal complaint previously and this was closed with an assurance the website would be fixed, but it clearly hasn't been if users are still having to work around things by removing the errant $$ at the end!