cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM QR Code not working

Rovi
Visitor

So I just upgraded my monthly contract to a SIM Only plan and bought a Pixel 6 unlocked directly from Google.

On receipt of the new phone, I've deleted the eSIM from my existing phone (pixel 4) then ordered a replacement online through my EE (digital).

When scanning the QR code on the pixel 6, it says its invalid.

I then tried to scan it on my Pixel 4 to get service back, but its also invalid there too.

Now I have no Service so can't contact customer support.

How can I resolve this? and also, why is your website giving out non-working QR codes.

Also I tried several times, and never clicked the option to say I confirm I've downloaded it. I expect not to get charged 3 times for the faulty QR codes...

65 REPLIES 65

Thank you!! This worked for me first time

Legend!

This worked for me. Added manually and removed the two $$ at the end after copying the text from Lens.

You are the man, thanks for the solution.

Thank you so much! I've been on live chat for over 2 hours and finally found your comment which really helped out where they couldnt.

Perfect! Thanks, flibblesan84, that worked perfectly for me on my Pixel 6 Pro.

I think EE should employ you!

Luke

Sean_D
Former EE Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the comments.  I am so sorry that you have had problems activating your eSIM.

We found an issue that was causing this problem and late on Friday night this was fixed 😁  You should be able to scan your QR code without problem from here on out.

Cheers

Sean

Sorry to say, Sean, that the fix you think you've implemented doesn't work. I've managed to do it via the solution given by a community member, but now I can't get a text to activate the SIM bc I haven't got a physical SIM.................. so my phone is rendered useless once more.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jlb92,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you don't have an active SIM to receive your security code, please get in touch with Customer Care to complete your SIM swap.

They'll be happy to help.

James

ASilvester
Visitor

Same here. Just got a Pixel 6 and get the message that the QR code is not recognised.

Tried all sorts, any help appreciated.

What have EE done to resolve the issue?????

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ASilvester

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Where did you purchase the eSIM? 

Thanks. 

Leanne.