cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Frills sim upgrade

natashakitt
Explorer

hi

i recently went through adding an additional line/contract on the app as it said i could gift data

however upon receiving the sim it cant be used to gift data as it is a ‘no frills’ sim , is there anyway to upgrade to an essentials sim? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Schockwave
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hello @natashakitt ,

Welcome to the community,

I would suggest speaking to customer service and see what they say.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
PaulLewis1970
Visitor

Did you get this resolved? I have the same problem and EE are not being helpful. 

Hi,

yes after I rung up and explained to them that I didn't realise the sim couldn't gift data, they transferred my plan to the essentials sim for me, hope you get it sorted too 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @PaulLewis1970

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you would like to change the plan, please try calling us again on 150 and the team will see what is available for you. 

Leanne.

Gheis
Visitor

Hello 

I have upgraded my EE sim card to a no frills sim plan 125 GB but i have a problem , before upgrading i had to travel to Iran and my EE sim card used to work here ( No data or calling ) i could receive Text messages from my bank account and other stuff . just receiving text. but since i have upgraded in Feb. 2023 i had to travel again to Iran and now my sim card doesn't connect to the networks here and i cant receive text and that is a huge problem for me , what do i have to do to fix this ???  

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Gheis   Did you check to make sure roaming was enabled on your EE account ?   

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gheis 

You'll need to speak to our Mobile Care team to check the status of Roaming on your account. You can find our contact information, including an international number, on our get in touch help page.

Chris