How do I get my number back if just been deactivated 2 days ago for non use

Though I was recieving inbound calls 

Bad information, was told that was ok

I have been told no chance as recycled

Can anyone help

It must still be with EE 

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27

yes no text was received as I regularly check his phone as the doctors text appointment reminders and I do not argue that EE sent the message but if it was recieved, I am sure I would never ignore it as having a Gold Number would anyone want to give it up?

I suggest rather than give negative replies you just leave this thread as my simple question at the begining was if there was any way possible to retrieve a number but I have been made clear that its impossible now

And for your information network providers earn even when recieving calls

@nhempire The reason you need to make a call is because the network doesn’t know if you have actually stopped using it or not.  Phone numbers are not infinite and have to be reused when they are no longer being used as in your case.  Once a number has been unused for over 9 months then the network has to assume your not using it so it gets put back in to circulation.  Unfortunately for you that number has now gone and you’ll not get it back.   

It was my Q that finally dragged out of you that this phone hadn't been used in earnest for about a year. You never disclosed that in numerous posts until I asked.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I should have said that at the offset that the phone has not been credited for at least 9 months and yes it's my fault for not doing that but not intentionally. My question should have been. Can EE re request that number back or can I make a request to have it back. Can a recycling process be stopped. I was hoping there would be a way. 

I wasn't blaming you or saying that you purposely withheld info :just that I asked the Qs that got to the bottom of the facts of the matter. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@nhempire  Sorry but the number is gone for good.    All I can suggest is that you periodically ring this number and somebody picks it up ask if you can purchase it off them. Don’t be surprised if they say no if it’s that good of a number. 

Im willing to pay up to £1500 for it so let see

It strange as I have seen mixed posts

someone said they managed to get the number back by going to the EE Executive Team and giving a OFCOM Reference number. 

After speaking to OFCOM they have told me that networks can get you the number back but they dont bother with the process

So I will just go back to OFCOM and escalate it

Thanks for no help

Hi, did you eventually get your number back?