Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to EE Account on website

CD246
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Trying to log onto my account to top up my mobile and I keep on getting the following message - 

Sorry, we were unable to complete your request right now. Please try again later.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?

16 REPLIES 16
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@CD246 : Try using Fast Top Up online with a UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is your mobile no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for that but I am trying to top up a mobile wifi device and I don't know the number.

I am still struggling to login - any other suggestions ?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CD246,

You'll need the mobile number to be able to top up. Do you have any of the paper work that came with your device to check the mobile number? If not, our Customer Care Team will be happy to check if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @CD246 ,

If you visit the below Status link, you may see the mobile wifi device number in the upper left labelled as "Your account".

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Hi,

I bought the device 4 years ago and can't find any paperwork

I didn't feel the need to keep it as I could log onto my account and do the top up via there.

My account will have all the details I need but I just need to logon.

Thanks

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @CD246 ,

Are you able to login today? I see your original message was posted some time on Sunday and during my 8 months with EE, I've found that systems are frequently found in maintenance outside of office hours to give a message such as in your report.

If you've forgotten your password, there's likely to be a password recovery route. The status link posted above should not require logging in if you use the cellular connection it pertains to.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Hi,

Unfortunately not, I have just tried now again and still get an error message saying please try again later.

I even tried the forgotten password, received the link, changed my password and it is still not working.

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@CD246  .. just a thought.  Do you have a phone with an EE sim?  If so put the mifi sim into the phone instead.  In the phone settings go to 'About Device' or 'About Phone' and the number should be listed there.  

If you would just go to the Add-on Status page that @mikeliuk gave you you'll see your mobile no. at the top, like so:

Capture.JPG

Then can use it for Fast Top Up.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)