How do I get my number back if just been deactivated 2 days ago for non use

Though I was recieving inbound calls 

Bad information, was told that was ok

I have been told no chance as recycled

Can anyone help

It must still be with EE 

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27
It was over a year ago but I was not aware of the policy especially after being told an incoming call kept it active 
nhempire
Investigator
Investigator

Did you get you PAYG reactivated

Mine was decativated 2 days ago but after being on the phone for hours they have said i have lost the number now but I am sure there must be a way to get that number as it is so soon to the deactivation date, can anyone help

nhempire
Investigator
Investigator

hi have you had any luck with your number

I am having the same problem

I feel EE have stole the number as it was a good number and they will profit from it

Its only 2 days and they say my number has been recycled 

some one please help

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @nhempire

Please see EE hibernation thread which explains. 

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/What-is-pay-as-you-go-hibernation-and-how-can-I-stop-it/...

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@nhempire: Incoming calls don't count in keeping it alive. When did you last make a chargeable outgoing call or text, top-up or buy a pack or add-on?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi I have read the hibernation process but it does not answer my question 

Is there anyway to get the number back as it's only been 2 days since disconnection 

Poor advice from T Mobile and now I loose a great number.

@nhempire wrote:

it's only been 2 days since disconnection 

Final disconnection or hibernation? That's what I'm trying to find out by my Q if only you would answer it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Now it has been made clear that incoming calls do not keep the phone active which is wrong and unfair as it shows I am actively using the aim..so what is the solution now. You have only just disconnected the number and put into recycling but where is it. There must be a way to request it. The number has been with me for a very long time. It was never an unused sim. I feel hard done by especially as I have also a contract with EE held for many years.

@nhempire  Stop posting randomly and answer the very simple question that @XRaySpeX has asked you.  

Here it is again 

“When did you last make a chargeable call or send a chargeable text message”.