Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay for add on from credit - No?

RayRay3
Investigator
Investigator

Aim: 

Wanted to try out ee reception so thought ok use spare mobile snd see. Aware you can check coverage but my area is excellent but its not on present network 

3g spare phone has orange sim with circa £20 in credit.I'm told request for data add on payment was because payg only comes with 50mb. So why can't ee simple deduct that charge from credit instead opening ee account and having to pay for it which still leaves £20 in credit.

Ray

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @RayRay3

Welcome to the EE Community.

To confirm, you want to use an old Orange SIM which has remaining credit?

Speak soon, 

Katie.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't register an Orange SIM to a MyEE a/c.

When did you last use it? It'd probably been deactivated by now.

Credit wouldn't know it wants to buy data. It can buy all sorts of other things.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Thanks. The mobile is active on texts and phone and was also active on data until run out Ray

Thanks. The mobile is active on texts and phone and was also active on data until run out Ray

Thanks. Yes. Either by keeping the same number or not I doubt mind.

Ray