cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund credit

Kj181
Explorer

Happy new year!

Hi I lived in the UK for a while and I left the country while ago. I did not know my number can be deleted 270 days after without any activities on my mobile. I thought it is just not working because I did not have any credit. So i topped up £5 twice(in total £10) and i cannot buy any packs or using the number. I am wondering if I can refund the credit since I have no plan to go back to the UK. Thank you for your help in advance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kj181 : PAYG credit is not refundable.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kj181 : PAYG credit is not refundable.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you for replying on the question. As I have never received any messages saying that my phone number is deleted or top-up is not available as my phone number is not exist anymore, I cannot understand that the credit cannot be refundable even if it is PAYG. I bought £5 credit while ago in my country and then when I visited the UK  last week  I wanted to buy £10pack and that was why I bought another £5 credit. If EE informed me that my number is not available I wouldn't do that. Could you please let me know what I can do with the £10 credit if I cannot buy pack and using number?

Thank you

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Kj181 ,

Please see below link for the time limits for when credit expires and numbers become deleted for the various UK networks.

I would recommend you contact EE and clearly describe the situation to ask if they can help, for example reactivating the SIM with a different number and ensuring your credit is available for that new number.

If the service provider refuses to help, you could discuss with your bank if a chargeback can be arranged for a good reason and excuse which you can articulate.

There are reports your number may not be deleted until after 279 days so if not too many days have passed, you can ask if your number is recoverable.

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/payg-inactivity-account-termination-and-credit-expiry

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@mikeliuk wrote:

Hi @Kj181 ,

If the service provider refuses to help, you could discuss with your bank if a chargeback can be arranged for a good reason and excuse which you can articulate.

Chargeback is for when there is a problem with a card purchase through no fault of the cardholder, for example fault goods or the seller has ceased trading. None of these seem to apply to the situation in this thread.

that is absolutley  disgraceful you are quick enough to take the money i am waiting for a refund my self and cannot get any sense out of EE through  no fault of my own they have taken 50 pounds 85 pence and i am beginning to wonder if i am just being fobbed off EE prove me wrong and i will be more than happy to share my delight with any body who want to listen you no who i am 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @2Abbotsway9.

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Have you spoke with our customer care team regarding the charge of £50.85?

If yes, did the team provide you with a break down of what the charges are for?

Are you able to view your EE bill online?

Speak soon, 

Katie.