Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from contract to top up living abroad

Duccia
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I'm currently living abroad and interested in keeping my current EE mobile number while switching to top up option. 

I would like to know how I can manage this switch, considering I'm not in the UK and unable to come back to the UK for a while.

Is there any possibility to do it online/ via phone through CS ?

Thanks for any suggestion  

5 REPLIES 5
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Duccia ,

Welcome to the community,

You cannot do this whilst abroad, as you first have to activate and make a chargeable call or text in the UK for pay as you go to work, even when switching from contract to pay as you go.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

There's two parts to this query.

1: You can give cancellation notice and request migration to PAYG, by contacting EE CS via phone,

2: Once your SIM is migrated to PAYG, it needs activating on EE's UK network before it will work abroad.

Part 2 will be your issue if you are abroad long-term - you will have 6months after migration before being suspended under the hibernation policy.

Thanks a lot  for your prompt reply!

Thanks a lot for the information! 

@Duccia , you are welcome, glad we were able to help, even if it was not the answer you were hoping for.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.