cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAM? Airport vending machine

LamyaB
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, just bought a sim card from a vending machine in Gatwick airport for 30 pounds (100GB data for 1 month). They first sent me a message to confirm the bundle but the data quickly ran out and now they're saying my balance is 0 and my last top up was in December 2023 (which can not be true since I just came to UK). Called the support number but they said they ll call back and its been 2 hours now with no answer.

Anyone had the same issue and found a solution? I'm starting to think it's a scam.

1000131282.jpg

1000131284.jpg

1000131280.jpg

  

3 REPLIES 3
LamyaB
Investigator
Investigator

I am in the exact same situation. Bought the sim card in a vending machine in Gatwick airport for 30 pounds and now they are saying my balance is 0 pounds and my last top up was 6months ago (which obviously can't be true since I just bought the sim)

Called the support team 2 hours ago, they said they will call back but still waiting.

@Kkii @ did you find a solution? Or Is this a SCAM? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LamyaB 

Welcome to the community.

You have done the correct thing in speaking to our Mobile Care team. They have access to your account and will be able to investigate this. Please keep us posted on what happens.

Chris

LamyaB
Investigator
Investigator

Update : I was contacted by the support team and the lovely lady assisted us with clear instructions. Very patient and friendly. 

Unfortunately the problem was not solved and we think that it might be because of the vending machine (we've been told there was a voucher in the receipt but it didn't print any)

We had to choose another solution unfortunately , I hope this will help find a solution with the vending machines.

Thank you.