cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: A disgrace

Dog78
Investigator
Investigator

The company feels like it has one person working there.

I phoned to ask to arrange termination of my contract of my broadband that drops out in the night time. 

I had to wait till the end of contract,  i pressed option 1 because it says they will send you a text and we will get someone to speak to you sooner than ever, waited three weeks never heard anything. 

Phone again pressed 2 and waited an hour. 

The last time I renewed in I was promised one price charged another, as for the phone, I paid for an addon for roaming, got there it never worked. 

I spent an hour on the phone to get it sorted and they charged me the daily rate for roaming, ended up with a unexpected bill which was resolved and was given my money back. 

But the way it was put to me was it was your fault but on this concession we will give you your money back as a goodwill gesture. 

I bought the addon 7 weeks before I left.

The company is a complete rip off. 

My plan sim  only deal was 6 gb no  roaming and was topped up with 5 gb as i was a broadband customer.

I ended up with  Bt, to my surprise it was run by ee,but was told i con phone BT if I have any problems, I got 5 times the data, security and a 1 year sim only contract plus free roaming to Europe. 

Now they supposed to be the same company, i always get through to BT, withoit callback options. 

The only thing i would say like for EE call centre is if you got one the Irish lads they were extremely helpful and never told you any lies and always told you the was it was. 

I hope i ain't jumped from the frying pan into the fire. I always blamed BT for EE's demise but not so sure now. 

The roaming is a blessing as i visit my brother in the IOM, that was regarded as an international number, a ferry ride from Liverpool or Heysham.   

I was told any problems i can phone Bt, which is EE really but the roaming countries  in the BT plan which was included in my plan, covered the IOM. Why didn't EE offer me the same, all I got offered was 10 gb for £12, no roaming no security and at present was paying £16.

The best company in the last nine years , how much they pay you Kevin to say that, it is a joke run by clowns. My sister been with them since it was Orange and has left. 

It was a totally different company 12 years ago. 

14 REPLIES 14
Dog78
Investigator
Investigator

Joke company, rin by clowns. 

I got five times the data, free roaming including the IOM, security for £5 less but my billing is still with EE,confused. 

At least i can get through to BT, not wait for a call back that never came after the text, then waited an hour to get through to talk to someone. 

Dog78
Investigator
Investigator

Why should he pay for the phone twice, that ain't in the contract, it happened to me with three, going into a rolling contract is one thing, where does it say that you will be paying for a phone that you have already bought, if anyone thinks that is OK, you ate bigger clowns then the people who work there. 

I waited eight months for my broadband contract to finish, the rest button is worn out on the router i have had to reset it do many times. 

I waited an hour to get through to someone to get an email today it won't auto renew. 

This company is finished,  such it up is their attitude. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Dog78 wrote:

The last time I renewed in I was promised one price charged another, as for the phone, I paid for an addon for roaming, got there it never worked. 

Regardless of any billing add-on, your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

People need to take some responsibility for their actions though, they signed a contract and should understand the terms.

OFCOM let networks do this. EE must send an out of contract notification, if the user ignores that and keeps paying, they get a 10% discount after three months.  

You say it is up to the foreign network, but it was sorted out by ee, because a mistake was made.
Are you there to make excuses? Ee admitted it was a fault of theirs as my add on was not added when it was supposed to be, the addon was put in place before travel.
Also if i was paying for a car on finance, when that contract was over, and I had paid for the car, maybe the warranty may continue, why should you pay for something twice, you must live in clown land 😂

Sent from Outlook for Android<>

All excuses, how can you pay for something twice.
Ofcom ruled on this to stop people paying for phones twice.
And why can't we offer the same as BT, can't be bothered to argue, any human being would know it's wrong to pay for things twice, a put my add-on in place if e has an informed them all done anything about my add-on.

@Dog78 wrote:
You say it is up to the foreign network

Where did I say anything was "up to the foreign network"? I have no idea what you mean by "it" that you refer to.

My previous post in this thread simply highlighted a very common mistake made by many customers - potentially including yourself - that adding billing add-ons for roaming does not, of itself, enable the roaming facility which is required to use your phone abroad.

Even if those terms are unreasonable and heavily weighted towards ee revenues?

I don't think anyone should pay for receiving absolutely nothing !! As per out of contract 30 day cancellation after you have disconnected all ee equipment and terminated the account

@robbphipps wrote:

I don't think anyone should pay for receiving absolutely nothing !! As per out of contract 30 day cancellation after you have disconnected all ee equipment and terminated the account

If you have given 30days notice of cancellation and your SIM has been disconnected, charges stop.

The other user in this thread is likely referring to the scenario where a rolling contract exits minimum term but otherwise continues and service is still provided. Customers are notified of their options at this time, and many take advantage of a SIM-only plan.