cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: A disgrace

Dog78
Investigator
Investigator

The company feels like it has one person working there.

I phoned to ask to arrange termination of my contract of my broadband that drops out in the night time. 

I had to wait till the end of contract,  i pressed option 1 because it says they will send you a text and we will get someone to speak to you sooner than ever, waited three weeks never heard anything. 

Phone again pressed 2 and waited an hour. 

The last time I renewed in I was promised one price charged another, as for the phone, I paid for an addon for roaming, got there it never worked. 

I spent an hour on the phone to get it sorted and they charged me the daily rate for roaming, ended up with a unexpected bill which was resolved and was given my money back. 

But the way it was put to me was it was your fault but on this concession we will give you your money back as a goodwill gesture. 

I bought the addon 7 weeks before I left.

The company is a complete rip off. 

My plan sim  only deal was 6 gb no  roaming and was topped up with 5 gb as i was a broadband customer.

I ended up with  Bt, to my surprise it was run by ee,but was told i con phone BT if I have any problems, I got 5 times the data, security and a 1 year sim only contract plus free roaming to Europe. 

Now they supposed to be the same company, i always get through to BT, withoit callback options. 

The only thing i would say like for EE call centre is if you got one the Irish lads they were extremely helpful and never told you any lies and always told you the was it was. 

I hope i ain't jumped from the frying pan into the fire. I always blamed BT for EE's demise but not so sure now. 

The roaming is a blessing as i visit my brother in the IOM, that was regarded as an international number, a ferry ride from Liverpool or Heysham.   

I was told any problems i can phone Bt, which is EE really but the roaming countries  in the BT plan which was included in my plan, covered the IOM. Why didn't EE offer me the same, all I got offered was 10 gb for £12, no roaming no security and at present was paying £16.

The best company in the last nine years , how much they pay you Kevin to say that, it is a joke run by clowns. My sister been with them since it was Orange and has left. 

It was a totally different company 12 years ago. 

14 REPLIES 14
What is the point of buying an add on, or is it a lucky dip? And if ee have not put it on your plan you are not going to have roaming.
There's a difference in buying something and not getting it, and buying it and it don't guarantee you having roaming when you get to your destination.
People on here must have ee tattooed all over there body, like ee say, suck it up.
I have got roaming now with bt, and my billing is with ee.
If it dont work out i shall move. How can there be such a disparity between the two deals from EE and BT the two companies that supposed to be together?
EE isn't God to me I don't worship them or listen to their lies, that's when they can be bothered to get in touch with you, three weeks, absolute farce, clowns and no one is interested in helping you besides the Irish call centre.
Nobody can answer nothing but make excuses, it is only a phone, and i don't worship them or anyone that tries to rob me.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Plan carrying on is one thing, but when your contract ends why should you pay for a phone that you have now bought as it was a part of your contract?

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

These mobile contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel, upgrade or port your no. away. There will however be a 10% discount after 3 months.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Dog78 wrote:
What is the point of buying an add on

Add-ons reduce the cost of using a service. You still need the use of that service.

Historically, there was a facility to check/toggle roaming via online self-service - but it was removed a couple of years back. I've not had first-hand experience of buying the roaming pass to comment on the wording of the acknowledgement texts.

@Dog78 wrote:
Plan carrying on is one thing, but when your contract ends why should you pay for a phone that you have now bought as it was a part of your contract?

All customers are free to move to SIM-only at the end of minimum term, and the "out-of-contract" notifications explicitly mention this. It has to be customer-choice, and therefore responsibility, whether to do so.

The newer FlexPay plans are explicitly structured as two separate contracts - one for device repayments, the other for airtime. But there have been complaints about this - operators are in a no-win situation.

We all understand that we ain't thick like ee,what we are asking is when your min contract finishes, yes i know it goes to a rolling contract. But the phone you have paid for now, so why do phone companies charge you for the phone that you now own?
This happened to me twice with 3, another lot of clowns in India call centre.
Both times I never got my money back but got the money of my new contract or phone, which is blackmail.
Hopefully I won't have to deal with EE, all this, press 1 and we will send you and text and you will speak to someone sooner than before, three weeks heard nothing.
Phoned BT got through in a minute not an hour.
Apparently my billing will be with EE but that's it, I was hesitant to join BT but the deal was so much better roam like at home , 48 countries, 5 times the data and security for 5 pounds less and it includes the IOM, not like ee who regard that as an international number.
I will give it a go, no addons, no worrying about running out of data, my broadband does not affect my phone data.
The best thing is I can speak to someone quickly.
And this time i got it in writing when my broadband contract finishes it will not auto renew with ee.
I will have my BT router soon, so I will be able to cancel my ee broadband the which runs out this month. 8 months I have waited for this broadband contract to finish.
I don't understand why my billing is with ee , I know that they own ee who cares i can phone BT and speaking someone.
ee is a shadow if the company it once was.
When i joined the company 12 years ago, they had compassion, could no enough for you.
When my browband went down, the young lady gave me 90gb for the month so I could stream the sports channel and throw it to my TV, now you have to pay extra for it. I just buy the moto gp app now.
When my mother was in hospital they gave me an addon for 0848 hospital number for nothing.
The only people i like speaking to is the Irish people, I guess they must have a call centre there.
Whoever is running it, is running it to the ground.
Won't have to argue with them anymore.