How do I get my number back if just been deactivated 2 days ago for non use

Though I was recieving inbound calls 

Bad information, was told that was ok

I have been told no chance as recycled

Can anyone help

It must still be with EE 

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27

@nhempire, All networks work on the same principal, that you do have to either make a call or send a text every six months to keep your number. Why should you be allowed to keep the number if you do not make a call or send a text? Receiving calls or text for free, means you are not paying anything towards the network, which we all do on monthly contracts, why should we pay and people like you on pay as ou go not pay anything?

The terms and conditions are there for a reason and should be read . Sorry if this sounds harsh, but rules are rules.

You will have to discuss this with customer service, you will not get the answer here, most of us here are customers like you and there is no account access here.

My apologies again
The question was when was the last chargeable call and i put my hands up
it was over 1 year ago
but i have been receiving incoming calls more recently
I will assume now I have lost a very very good number
Bad advise by one of the EE advisers a long time ago
This number has been with me for over 7 years when it was T-Mobile
So to just disconnect it without notification is very very harsh

Hi @nhempire,

Your account will go into hibernation after 179 of inactive use if there has been no chargeable activity.

If you don't contact us 90 days after this, the number will be lost.

Do you know how long the account has been in hibernation for?

Alex

Hi @nhempire,

I have answered the question you posted on re-activating a deactivated sim

UPDATE:

I can see that all of your posts have been merged together into one place so you can get an answer 🙂

Alex

I accept what you said

But I have been a contract customer with EE and before T Mobile more than 15 years and I had this spare payg that I gave my dad so I can call him in emergencies 

No text was recieved that it will be cancelled, I could still contact my dad up to 2 days ago so did not think anything of it.

But to be told the number has just disapeared into thin air is just something I cant beleive as the number must be somewhere either waiting for re allocation or being held.

I am surprised that a simple regular text reminder can not be sent

So I guess someone will be a very happy person as that number was unique, ending 11111 

Your comments were harsh as you feel you pay for others but I have 2 contracts with EE, and having a payg as a spare phone is not ripping anyone off.

@Alex_S, that is the incorrect link as that is someone else thread!

Hi,

Thanks for replying

I am not sure when the account went into hibernation and I never recieved a text to advise me of this

I can agree that the sim has not been used for some time for outgoing calls or topped up for sometime but has been used for incoming calls

Is there anyway to get the number back after the end of hybernation process

Thanks

Thank you for answering my Q.

@nhempire wrote:
it was over 1 year ago

Then you have surpassed the 9 months of going into hibernation + the 3 months leeway for reactivating it. Incoming calls/texts don't count. You have now lost that no. completely. There's nowt more you can do.

During that last year you have provided zero revenue to EE on that line, so why should you expect them to keep it activated for you alone?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@nhempire wrote:

No text was received that it will be cancelled,

You can't be sure of that. The phone was in the hands of your Dad at the time & he might not have understood what a text about "hibernation" was on about had he received it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Your answer is very rude 

rather than be sympathetic like the staff at EE have been but have explained its beyond there control

You jump to a conclusion without knowing the factors

Previous year I almost topped up every month and sometimes purchased packs that were never used, this year my father went to hospital and we did not know about the status of the phone he uses as our priority was to make sure he was recovering

And we were still able to call him so never thought more if it.

So you think everyone reads the terms and conditions when taking on a payg sim

but if EE tried to send regular texts to top up. I would not be in this position now.

FYI i dont expect EE to give me anything for free but to value my custom from other accounts I have with them.