Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't buy pack with top-up credit, from abroad

VictorTT
Investigator
Investigator

Hi.

I'm abroad at the moment and my roaming is not working anymore. Topped up and tried to get a pack, but it gives me an error when i want to buy pack with credit.
I cannot call numbers or text 150. What can i do?

18 REPLIES 18

I already answered your 3 questions. 
I've received the last messages from EE in December. I've been in Romania since 2020, with visits to the UK. I noticed last month that my number is not receiving messages anymore.
Last time i've spent 10 days in UK, in November 2022.

And although i may buy a pack online, i can't, because it's giving me an error, that's why i'm here.

My question to you now is, since i've had the roaming problem before and i managed to fix it by getting a pack, why are you trying to go down a path of investigating other aspects instead of trying to use the same solution that helped last time?
I don't know if you're an EE employee or just a helpful person roaming the community helping others, but if you're not an EE employee, I'm not sure you could help me, since this is either a thing of EE adding the pack to my account and taking the credit from their end or EE unlocking my roaming if it's blocked. If you're just a good samaritan, I appreciate your effort and time, but it's not taking us anywhere so far.

VictorTT_0-1709628491473.png

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @VictorTT 

Pay as you go accounts will go into hibernation if no chargeable activity is made, please see our What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it? - The EE Community for full details and how to get in touch with our mobile guides to remove the account from hibernation. 

Leanne.

Hi, Leanne. Alright, so my account is in hibernation. I topped up and would like to buy a pack with my credit so i can get out of hibernation. Since i can't use this number, i have to buy the pack online. I get an error online when i pay with the credit that i've already topped up. How do i go around that? Without spending a fortune over the phone from Romania to UK.
There are no options to get in touch with EE besides here and over the phone.
As I told XRaySpeX, I don't need the WHY, I need the HOW.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @VictorTT 

To remove the account from hibernation you would need to call us, you are unable to top up and remove the account from hibernation online. 

Please see our Contact EE page for numbers you can call from any other phone or third party calling app. 

Leanne.

@VictorTT wrote:

would like to buy a pack with my credit so i can get out of hibernation.

You can't buy a pack until you get out of hibernation. That was what I was trying to get at but you never gave me the chance.

The HOW is get out of hibernation.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

But i was able to top up online.

Yes, for some peculiar reason EE allows top-up while in hibernation but not actual use.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
VictorTT
Investigator
Investigator

Ok, I added some international minutes to my number in Romania and called the international number for EE and sorted it with the robot. I hope, at least. It said it should take 1-4 hours.
Thanks for the both of you.
Have a great day!

If that worked you can't be in hibernation.