5G woes

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi
I have an S21 Ultra 5G but I never get anything like 5G speeds. I just did a speed test and after the page finally loaded my speed was 240Kbps..

So what do I need to get 5G speeds?
My contract is 5G..

Thanks

T

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dragon_ 

You can check if the device is locked and request the unlock code here - Device unlock (ee.co.uk)

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Leanne.

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
James_B

Hi @Dragon_,

Welcome back to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you in a 5G area?

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does your phone display a VoLTE signal when these speeds are evident?

A 5G coverage indicator is not direct evidence of 5G service, but 4G should comfortably beat those speeds in most circumstances.

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi James

I just checked and it is shows as this:

Screenshot 2023-08-20 000036.png

I use wifi calling when indoors and never really tried just using the phone connectivity outdoors.. So the speed I posted above (240Kbps..) is what? 3G? I've been trying to donload maps in an android unit in my car using my phone as a hotspot.. its so bloody painful.. And I have the S22 Ultra not the S21 as I put up there..

Thanks

Tracy

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi Bristolian

I just tried it now and is showing as 4G.. and thats when I tried a speed check.. I have always known upload speeds to be way slower than download speeds.. so I dont know what is happening here,

Screenshot_20230820_003147_Chrome.png

James_B

What does the predicted 4G coverage look like on the coverage checker @Dragon_ ?

James

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Afternoon James.

This is the 4G coverage..

4G Coverage.png

If this is what you meant?

Thanks

Tracy

Leanne_T

Thanks @Dragon_ 

Does the Network Status Checker show any reported problems for the area if you select the 'check status' option after entering your postcode and device?

Leanne. 

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi Lianne_T

There are no issues

issues.png

Leanne_T

Thanks @Dragon_ 

If you report the problems you are having our network team will get this looked into and keep you updated. 

Leanne 🙂