5G woes

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi
I have an S21 Ultra 5G but I never get anything like 5G speeds. I just did a speed test and after the page finally loaded my speed was 240Kbps..

So what do I need to get 5G speeds?
My contract is 5G..

Thanks

T

52 REPLIES 52
Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi.. Me again..

Do you think there is something wrong with my phone?

I have a Three SIM here and it's doing the same thing.. Very poor internet speeds..... Or is it using the same masts around here?

I'm quite fed up..

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The most reliable test of your phone is whether it works OK in other locations.

There isn't a straightforward answer to whether EE & 3 share sites, whilst "mast sharing" is very easy to mention - it's complicated in practice. There is a good chance that the two networks have equipment on the same structure, but also that the antennas & radio equipment are separate for 4G.

It's also entirely possible that the sites are totally separate, and you are just in a poor coverage area for multiple networks.

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi..

So I just popped by to say that I am reluctantly moving to Vodafon. I've tried Three (abysmal) and asked me to wait a week to see if coverage improves.. Also tried O2 and they were ok but Vodafone were better in my area. I'm happy to say I'm getting 4G speeds and great coverage.. Not sure I am allowed to talk about other providers.. Please delete if not allowed..

Anyway, there we have it.. I'm sorry to leave, But data won me over 😊

Thanks for all the help...

Tracy