5G woes

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi
I have an S21 Ultra 5G but I never get anything like 5G speeds. I just did a speed test and after the page finally loaded my speed was 240Kbps..

So what do I need to get 5G speeds?
My contract is 5G..

Thanks

T

52 REPLIES 52
Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Morning Leanne_T

I've reported the problem.. I hope they can fix it... Trying to d/l a 250Meg map over this connection is quite impossible.

Thanks for your help

Tracy

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

No problem @Dragon_ 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Well its been a week and ive spoken to one guy who sent me some tests to do, then to send the results back to him, and that was 5 days ago.. Ive emailed him twice since with no reply..

Unsure how to proceed now

Christopher_G

Hi @Dragon_ 

Sorry to hear that you haven't heard back yet. I'd recommend calling our technical support team again so they can look into it further for you.
Chris

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi again

I've just had a thought.. If I call tech support to help with this issue, They will want me to turn off Wi-Fi so we can go over some settings, If I turn off Wi-Fi I wont be able to make any phone calls, I can only make calls with it enabled,..

Help?

Tracy

Christopher_G

They'll be able to call you on another number if needed, @Dragon_ 

Chris

I don't own a home phone anymore... maybe I could borrow one, Hmmm

Thanks for the reply @Christopher_G 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

You could contact CS from another working phone, or a web-calling app such as Skype.

There are sometimes scenarios where it's worthwhile having access to another phone for redundancy purposes.

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi again..

So I managed to webchat with a tech this afternoon. I gave her my post code and she said a 5G signal would be very weak here, even though the pic I posted earlier shows good 5G outside, so I don't frigging know.. If I can't get 5G, why is my 4G so poor?, I never get over 1 bar even though  the coverage show I get 4G and 5G?

I would settle for 4G... so how can I achieve that?

Thank you all
Tracy

4G4G5G5G

Katie_B

Good morning @Dragon_

Are you aware of anyone else in the area experiencing issues?

Katie