cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data gifting not working

8388ehdan
Explorer

I have a reoccurring problem when I cannot gift data, the app does not work and I cannot gift on the website (desktop or mobile). I am on the verge of leaving EE as i've spent literally days speaking to them and nobody seems to be able to tell me why or offer a fix.

Screenshot 2023-06-16 220202.png

61 REPLIES 61

Hi EE

I am having exactly the same problem trying to gift data to my son.  I am away on a business trip and he is alone at boarding school. He urgently needs data and I can’t gift it to him… what should I do??

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Pollybyrne

Has your data refreshed whilst you have been abroad?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Hi Katie

yes.. the day after I left the UK. Could that be the problem? 

Katie_B

Hi @Pollybyrne

If your allowances refreshes whilst you're away, you would have to wait until you return to the UK to be able to gift again.

Because a number of your account needs data I would recommend contacting our customer care team. 

Live chat can be found in the EE app under 'Help'.

Katie

That makes sense, thank you. A bit annoying as I have unlimited data, so I would expect it to be available at any time, regardless of the date it refreshes, but I guess I need to contact the customer care team. 
thanks v m for your help 

Rhiiiiii
Visitor

I have this issue now. I need to gift data between family plans are it is not working on the app or the website. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Rhiiiiii 

Can you try and gift data this morning and let me know if this works for you? 

Leanne 🙂

Battycow
Visitor

Having the same issue with no way of gifting data. The app refuses to load and when it does, won't give me access to the account I want to gift to. The Web browser just states gifting not completed each time I try!

What is the point of the facility if we cannot use it. 

Who actually designs these apps and doesn't make sure they really work!! 

Will be looking at moving on when contracts end as its disappointing to not be able to use the services we signed up for! 

Katie_B

Hello @Battycow.

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Have you previously been able to gift data OK?

Katie

Gloria1977
Explorer

Same thing has happened to me twice. I was on the phone for 2 hours being passed from pillar to post and was everything from my daughter is abroad (she’s was in college in the uk) to she has been in the app and blocked her own data at 3am in the morning!! She doesn’t even have access to the app!! Still no gifting and told it could take 3 days so it looks like I’ll be leaving ee after many years.