cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EE I hate you...you are the worst & so is your forum!!

Frustratedme
Investigator
Investigator

EE, I struggle to contact you and understand the frustration expressed above.  Your present system of phoning a voice service is poor, because it does not offer services I need, for example:

- Credit to MyFi which is not working on app.

- Can't phone mother's care home in Dublin.

- Can't phone EE to discuss.

You have cornered the market, and annoyingly tell me that by electronic voice whenever I call, but your service is woeful.  

When you are ready, can someone fix it for me to call my dying mother's carers please.

12 REPLIES 12
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @Frustratedme

Thanks for coming here. 

I am sorry to hear you are unable to top up or make urgent calls. 

What happens when you try call our customer care team?

Is your EE SIM pay as you go as well as your WiFi device?

Katie

Thank you for your reply.

When I phone 150 I'm told how fab EE have been for 10 years, then I get a list of options from which to chose.  None, I believe are applicable.  So I select (1) for a call back.  I think that I have been waiting two days now.

The mifi was pay as you go for two years, however, I recently visited your shop for assistance and it now shows on my app.  I am unable to see or add credit to it.

With regards calling mum's care home in Dublin or the Irish Health Service, I get an electronic voice telling me that I am unable to.

Regards

@Frustratedme wrote:

With regards calling mum's care home in Dublin or the Irish Health Service, I get an electronic voice telling me that I am unable to.

What is the exact wording of the message? And is it in an Irish accent? That would give a clue as to whether it's generated by EE or the Irish networks.

Do you have any issues calling other Irish numbers?

Frustratedme
Investigator
Investigator

Who are you?

Did you read my comment about Irish numbers?

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @Frustratedme

When calling 150 please select option 2 and it will take you through our automated system which will connect you with an agent. 

The agent will be able to ensure your account is set up correctly for calling abroad. 

If everything is enabled on your account and you still can't call, the team can raise a ticket for this to be looked into further. 

Katie

@Frustratedme   @bristolian  Is an EE customer just like you he is trying to offer you assistance on this public forum.     Have you ever been able to call these numbers before now ?  Because I find it odd that you’ve now got this issue as I would have assumed you’ll of called these before now. 

@Katie_B wrote:

The agent will be able to ensure your account is set up correctly for calling abroad. 

This comment is aimed at the OP, but depending on the wording of the recorded announcement, and especially the accent - would largely answer this point.

An Irish-acented announcement is likely to be played by the Eire networks and be good evidence of EE routing the call to the Republic. Any error on the EE side would be more likely to be a straight "calls to international numbers are barred" or an NU-type tone.

Katie_B

Thank you @bristolian

That's useful to know for future reference. 

Katie 🙂

My quest here continues, despite having visited EE store twice, I still struggle.

I put £10 on mifi in store, 24hrs later had to add another £10 despite usage.  Now unable to add credit to Mifi.  

Thankfully I phoned 150 and got baffled by options, then had some electronic voice assure me they'd send a text which I must respond to, which I did.  I'm now some 30 minutes in to the guaranteed 15-minute callback window, and have heard nothing.

When I try to add credit to mifi, I'm told "unable to accept card payments", and the line disconnects.

All is very frustrating.