cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE website and app is unusable slow, total rubbish

Thccj
Explorer

Hi there,

I wanted to express my dissatisfaction with the exceptionally poor performance of the EE website and app, which I have to endure every time I use them. I have never encountered a website or app that functions as poorly as EE's. The website loads painfully slowly and crashes completely when any ad blocker is active. I believe it is overly reliant on trackers and other unnecessary marketing scripts, preventing it from loading correctly if an ad blocker prevents tracking. When I turn off the ad blocker, the website takes ages to load, and half of the time it loads incorrectly. Not to mention the never-ending loading animations. The same issues apply to the app; half of the time, it displays an error message like 'something went wrong,' preventing me from checking my data, or, more frustratingly, sharing data - as if it were designed to fail at sharing. The only section that loads relatively quickly (by EE's slow website standards) is the Bills department.

I wanted to ask: what is going wrong? You are the broadband supplier, so why are your own utilities so painful to use in terms of speed? Please, don't try to blame other factors; it performs just as poorly on the 5G EE network as on my EE 1Gbps fiber network. Is there any explanation for this? Why do I always have to endure such frustration, almost like experiencing PTSD, every time I try to use your app?

Unhappy, long time user.

26 REPLIES 26
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Thccj,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback about your experience with My EE.

The My EE team are making regular updates to the platform to improve reliability and loading times.

James

Thccj
Explorer

Hi James 🙂

O2 or Three could capitalize on your slow utilities and target an advertisement:

"(showing the EE website) Tired of waiting for websites to load? Upgrade to competitor Mobile Network for swift and seamless browsing (show any other website). Don't let slow internet hold you back!"

And I hope they do! For me is a goodbye as soon as contract runs out.

I'm having trouble with the ee app. It used to work but now keeps coming up with something went wrong try again. Also the new way of contacting customer support by phone is long winded and a wast of time. Go back to he way it was. It worked!

James_B

Hi @SQUIRREL1702,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you checked your app store to see if you're using the latest version of the EE app?

James

Obviously this is not true or not working. Because the website is one of the worst I’ve ever used. 

Using the ee website reminds me of dial up in the 90s slow and crashes. 

maybe stop giving the shareholders so much and start investing more staff into fixing the website. 

10yearsEEcustom
Explorer

I have often thought about this myself! One would think a company as BIG as EE would have things like a website/app pretty much nailed on! However, more often than not when I try to use these services they are almost always under maintenance! 
Along with this, I receive texts pretty much weekly to say they are working on the service in my area and this could affect me for ‘x’ amount of hours. Never once have they offered compensation for this! 

R.M.O
Alexander1771
Investigator
Investigator

Absolute worst website and app I’ve ever used, been with ee 6 years and it’s starting to grind one now. I can never check my bill or look at things, waste of time. Been the same for 2 years. 

I think I could make a basic app better than a million pound company

Katie_B

Hi @Alexander1771

Welcome back to the community. 

Since your last post have you been able to get in touch with our tech team?

Katie

MrBobbyB
Visitor

The website is abysmal.

I am trying to download a list of sims bills that have been supplied to the business I work for.

Site locks up immediately.

The poor reliability of this website is beyond a joke.

How am I supposed to manage a portfolio of around 1000sims on this site? one at a time??