cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE website and app is unusable slow, total rubbish

Thccj
Explorer

Hi there,

I wanted to express my dissatisfaction with the exceptionally poor performance of the EE website and app, which I have to endure every time I use them. I have never encountered a website or app that functions as poorly as EE's. The website loads painfully slowly and crashes completely when any ad blocker is active. I believe it is overly reliant on trackers and other unnecessary marketing scripts, preventing it from loading correctly if an ad blocker prevents tracking. When I turn off the ad blocker, the website takes ages to load, and half of the time it loads incorrectly. Not to mention the never-ending loading animations. The same issues apply to the app; half of the time, it displays an error message like 'something went wrong,' preventing me from checking my data, or, more frustratingly, sharing data - as if it were designed to fail at sharing. The only section that loads relatively quickly (by EE's slow website standards) is the Bills department.

I wanted to ask: what is going wrong? You are the broadband supplier, so why are your own utilities so painful to use in terms of speed? Please, don't try to blame other factors; it performs just as poorly on the 5G EE network as on my EE 1Gbps fiber network. Is there any explanation for this? Why do I always have to endure such frustration, almost like experiencing PTSD, every time I try to use your app?

Unhappy, long time user.

26 REPLIES 26
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MrBobbyB 

Have you spoken to our Business Support team? They may know of an easier way to do this.

Chris

calum8991
Explorer

Well said. BT's website is another car crash, perhaps they are using the same broken underlying technology.

My dream is that all web sites and apps have a performance meter, and every time something breaks its agreed performance metrics, something like a full page load in over 50ms, the relevant product manager's bonus gets cut a little bit for every additional 1ms load time. But that would actually involve BT/EE implementing performance metrics on their websites, something they clearly have no clue about.

Leanne_T

Hi @calum8991 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with the EE and BT site. 

Is there a certain area of the website you would are having a problem with? Is this your online EE account? 

Leanne.

saba55
Explorer

EE's website and app are a nightmare. They're slower than a snail on vacation and full of errors. It's like they enjoy torturing us. Hope they fix this soon or I'm out. #frustrated. Using Alight Motion, I'd create a quick video with text overlays and animations highlighting EE's website and app issues. Text would convey frustration, while animations could show snails crawling or clocks ticking slowly to emphasize slowness. It'd end with a "fix it or I'm gone" message.

Leanne_T

Hi @saba55 

Thanks for coming here. 

I am sorry to hear this, which section of the EE app and EE account online show error messages? 

Leanne.

I am so frustrated with this it is driving me mad!

Can not get billing information!!

Leanne_T

Hi @Happy42 

Do you get an error message when trying to view your billing information? 

Leanne 🙂

Yes
Katie_B

What error are you seeing @Happy42?

Katie