cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE website and app is unusable slow, total rubbish

Thccj
Explorer

Hi there,

I wanted to express my dissatisfaction with the exceptionally poor performance of the EE website and app, which I have to endure every time I use them. I have never encountered a website or app that functions as poorly as EE's. The website loads painfully slowly and crashes completely when any ad blocker is active. I believe it is overly reliant on trackers and other unnecessary marketing scripts, preventing it from loading correctly if an ad blocker prevents tracking. When I turn off the ad blocker, the website takes ages to load, and half of the time it loads incorrectly. Not to mention the never-ending loading animations. The same issues apply to the app; half of the time, it displays an error message like 'something went wrong,' preventing me from checking my data, or, more frustratingly, sharing data - as if it were designed to fail at sharing. The only section that loads relatively quickly (by EE's slow website standards) is the Bills department.

I wanted to ask: what is going wrong? You are the broadband supplier, so why are your own utilities so painful to use in terms of speed? Please, don't try to blame other factors; it performs just as poorly on the 5G EE network as on my EE 1Gbps fiber network. Is there any explanation for this? Why do I always have to endure such frustration, almost like experiencing PTSD, every time I try to use your app?

Unhappy, long time user.

26 REPLIES 26
JamesEmbrey
Visitor

Same here.

For YEARS EE's web and app experience has been diabolical but here's the thing:

THEY DON'T CARE

As long as they have your money (how much are those March increases again??) then they're happy.

I need an invoice for my business.  Here's what I get. Again:

{
                "code" : "500",
                "message" : "QuotaViolation"
            }

Why??? WHY??????

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @JamesEmbrey

Thanks for coming here. 

I am sorry to hear you are unable to access your bills. 

Are you seeing this error when trying to open a bill or when you log in to your account?

Katie

Daftee
Visitor

Absolutely garbage this app and Wifi was sold it as the best wifi for gaming but thats a lie! I was with BT before and didn’t have any latency issues now games are unplayable and the app is shocking whenever i go into wifi controls its crashes the wifi and the “game mode” is complete trash it doesn’t do anything its all a lie and im extremely unhappy would cancel my contract now if i could 

Squishylea
Investigator
Investigator

I agree - it’s getting to the point where I just want to throw it all in and move contracts now just due to how difficult it has become to manage my account online or on the ridiculous app they now have. I can’t even find my contract details for crying out loud! All I want to do is check when my contracts end. Might just pay it all off and jump ship at this point!

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Squishylea,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

To check your contract end date in the EE app, please tap 'View full usage' followed by 'View your plan details'.

Thanks

James

Wow took me ages to find the tiny 'view full usage' on the app - I hate everything about the app and the website  - seriously I am so over this rubbish. Cannot wait to leave.

They don't care, everyone is telling them how crap this app is and how they want to leave, instead of addressing the issue they either gaslight complaining customers with the usual "Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Have you tried clearing the cache? Try using the web based version... etc or they just direct you to your contract end date. Whoever is in charge needs a kick up the butt and some lessons in listening and retention!!!