cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

'refused delivery' by DPD even though I was in - what happens now?

paigs
Explorer

Hi,

I've upgraded my contract and ordered a new phone from EE yesterday. I was told my delivery window was 12:30-13:30 and was home for that time period and checking my DPD tracking page. However at 13:31 the tracking page said that my parcel had been refused and at 13:34 a return to cosignor was requested - all while I was at home and had no one knock on my door or buzz up to my flat. It's now being sent to EE and I'm currently paying for the new contract but without a phone - does anyone know how I can get my hands on the phone I'm now paying for? 

11 REPLIES 11
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

You need to contact EE and discuss your options.

It may be a case DPD rung the wrong flat buzzer?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

@paigs ,also when you check with EE, make sure they have your address correctly, house and flat number, so that it does not get sent back again, but please ring customer service and speak to them, as they can find out what happened and why DPD said it was refused.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

I may be wrong on this (and if I am, someone will correct me I hope!) that until you activate the new phone/SIM, your existing device will still work.

So if your "new contract" comes with any additional allowances, you can use them on your existing device in the meantime.

@bristolian , I believe you are correct, as you do not need a new SIM card and the contract will be on the SIM card, it does not matter whether you use an old phone or the new one, as SIM cards can always be put in another phone, very useful if the phone has to go in for repair for instance and you need to use another phone to keep going, so the same would apply when getting a new phone. Hope this makes sense.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Currently on the phone with EE now, I was confused for a spell as my query didn't seem to fit with any of the prerecorded options, but I'm through to someone now who is helping me. thank you. 

doing that now, thank you.

@paigs thank you for letting us know, glad you have got through to someone and hope you get this resolved and will get your new phone soon.

Fahadh786
Explorer

This just happened to me but I’ve ordered a ps5 , my parcel is going back to ee, does anyone know what happens next ?

Hi @Fahadh786

The best thing to do is have a chat with our customer care team, so they can look into your options.

Thanks 

Chris