cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Trade in delivered by royal mail but nothing from brightstar

anon121
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I sent my phone back for trade in and sent this via Royal Mail Special Delivery as it was for the samsung £650 trade in offer, they received my package on the 23rd but I have heard nothing from them. I am concerned that I will be billed the £650 on Sunday when the deadline runs out even though they have the phone. I can't contact them as they are closed until monday now. Can anyone help?

thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @anon121 

You've answere your own question. If they are closed then not much can happen. If you have evidence they've received your device then I wouldn't worry unless you know the device isn't in the condition you said it was when returned. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @anon121 

You've answere your own question. If they are closed then not much can happen. If you have evidence they've received your device then I wouldn't worry unless you know the device isn't in the condition you said it was when returned. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi @Northerner 

Thanks for the prompt response! 

I guess you're right and I didn't think of it like that, that's eased my mind a bit. 

The device has a cracked back - but that shouldn't matter as with the current trade in offer it is any condition accepted regardless of working etc confirmed this with an EE store before taking up the offer 🙂 

Thanks - have a good weekend. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @anon121

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with our Mobile Care team, they will see if they can help with the charges, until you can get in touch with Brightstar on Monday.

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Becca966
Explorer

Experience is the same Brightstar said the package was empty on receipt it took them 3 weeks to find the package now they want 650 off me although I had the proof of postage weight etc 

Seems to be what a lot of people are saying on here, empty packages, damaged devices etc. Luckily I have everything from posting incase they try the same with me. They've not tried adding a charge yet but I guess we will see tomorrow when they open. 

Hopefully EE are willing to help if any issues do arrise.

Thanks 

Just thought I'd reply to this as I've just had confirmation brightstar received my phone and is all good! Not every ending is bad 😄

Now to enjoy my S21.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for letting us know you got this sorted, @anon121 🙂

Hi anon121,

Did you get the full value they've promised you? I will be trading my S9+ too for S21 with a value of 500£. I hope it's legit and not like after receiving they will say this and that.

Hi @mjojr88 

Yeah they never questioned it and mine had a cracked back glass too,

I think it's Samsungs promotion so they can't change the pricing as there's only one "grade" for the promotion and that's "any condition" they don't give you multiple options like a normal trade it, 

Hope this helps 🙂