cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Technical Support for Mobile Broadband

GraemeHughes1
Explorer

Does support actually exist for mobile 4g Broadband? The only options seem to be a telephone answering machine for which you need an EE Mobile telephone number (which I don't have / don't know), or a postal address (!!). Speed had gone down to 4Mbs most of the day I think. Might have to re-consider the BT option! Very frustrating!

5 REPLIES 5
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If you take the SIM out of the Router and put it into a phone, you can text another Mobile, or text Number to 150 and it will reveal your Number or you should be able to call EE on 150 or 0800 956 6000 for free using that SIM.

Alternatively if you login to the Admin Page of the Router you again can send a Text and receive a Text with the SIM in the Router.

Tech Support for Mobile Broadband  is the Dept your looking for.

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Graeme.  It sounds like an outage of some sort (I had similar 4GEE router speeds to you after a mast problem last year).

Try the EE coverage checker with your postcode, if they are not aware of a problem you can report it.  Took about 10-12 hours to get my speeds back, good luck.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You do have a mobile no.; every SIM possesses 1.

You don't need to transfer the SIM to a phone to see it. There are at least 4 ways to do this with the SIM in situ.

Text NUMBER to 150 from your mobile router's SMS section to find it out.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks to all for their replies

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)