cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Switched to EE, but I cannot receive calls

L60
Investigator
Investigator

I recently switched from 3 to EE, my number seems to have been ported over; however I can make calls to people but they can't call me; it goes straight to voicemail. I ported my number over yesterday around 12:30 so it's been 24 hours and I was told that everything will be up and running by tomorrow (today). I tried contacting technical support but the 'Start conversation' button never appears; I've been on that page for 30 minutes now. 

I don't really want to make a call to customer services because it'll cost me 25p and use a pack I was somehow auto subscribed to and I want a refund for it because I didn't sign up for a pack, I just wanted a £5 top up.

EDIT: I've also come across similar posts about this exact issue but the solution is never posted. I have tried to restart my phone many times already so that doesn't work

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
L60
Investigator
Investigator

This is for posterity, the solution to this problem is to just wait until you receive a text stating that the transfer is now complete. I managed to get a hold of tech support and they told me that when the transfer is happening, there is a brief period where your number is between providers so it becomes unreachable even though you can make calls, and send/receive texts.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@L60 : All EE PAYG SIMs come primed with a recurring Pack of allowances ready to bought out of your PAYG credit as soon as it is sufficient. If you paid money for this SIM you must at the same time have chosen the pack that it has.

By texting AL to 150 it should show you the Pack you have bought & how much you have left from your allowances until its expiry date.

Text STOP PACK to 150 before you next top-up & you can use the SIM for calls & texts but not data as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates paid for out of your standing PAYG credit balance.

To save the SIM going into hibernation due to lack of use, just remember within every 179 days (~ 6 months) to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from any Pack or Add-on you might have.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I did pay for the sim, but what I don't remember doing was signing up for a £5 pack. The rep told me that the sim needs to be topped up and £5 was the smallest amount I could put on it so I agreed thinking that I could add more later in order to get a pack that meets my needs but now I've sort of 'donated' £5 to EE and when that runs out in a few hours, I'll get the pack I really want.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @L60

Thanks for getting back to us.

Please let us know how you get on with changing your pack. 

All information on how to do this can be found HERE

Katie 🙂

L60
Investigator
Investigator

This is for posterity, the solution to this problem is to just wait until you receive a text stating that the transfer is now complete. I managed to get a hold of tech support and they told me that when the transfer is happening, there is a brief period where your number is between providers so it becomes unreachable even though you can make calls, and send/receive texts.