cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

I have paid for 4G for years and not got 4G it was H and H+ network (not 4G)

kiranr
Visitor

As I've said, ''I have paid for 4G for years and not got 4G service it was H and H+ network (not 4G)'' I need information on which department to contact. 

Last week travelling back in colleagues car (he was using google maps on iPhone on EE network and I saw 4G network status) my phone next to it showed H and H+ network. after going through all settings and re set. I called CS and explained my concerns and technical support told me 4G was off and he sorted it out while on call it took the expert good 60 min. wow what a difference on data speed on pixel 2 XL. why and how this can happen on such a prestigious network. any advice will be welcomed thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @kiranr ,

Was part of the fix to change the default setting to prefer 4G instead of 3G?

I was previously using Android 10 and was surprised to see it frequently reverted to prefer 3G as the default in the early days before my choice began to stick.

The mobile I have in mind is a dual SIM device and I wonder if that might have contributed in my case.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@kiranr  silly question but what stopped you from calling customer services before now about this ?