cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Phone is locked and EE is not fully collaborating to unlock for some reason

andreadessi
Explorer

I have been on a contract for 2 years after renewing it for 2 more and upgrading to a new device, they were both bought in store and payed monthly, I now want to come out of the contract after i paid my final bill, as it's getting quite expensive on the long run and i am happy with my device.

Once the contract ended and I had to speak to multiple people via EE to do so, but nobody told me to unlock the phone before i got out of the EE network, i asked for a PAC Code and to switch providers but because the EE sim is now not working, and the new sim is useless on a locked device that resulted in having No Service until i will unlock the device, by not being able to call 150 for unlocking, i can't seem to find a solution to do so.

This is all very frustrating as i use my phone a lot for work, and dealing with clients mostly which is also making me loose potential clients for my business, what can i do?

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@andreadessi  This LINK contains all the information you need you can even use the link on that page to make the request online to unlock your device.    The problem you face is you’ll not get the unlock code until you get a working signal so your new network sim needs to be in a working device to get that text.  You can call customer services to request this also.  

It’s not EEs responsibility to inform you that your device needs unlocking to be used on a different network.