cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Locked out of my phone

Rachoyi20
Investigator
Investigator

The password on my Samsung phone(S8 plus) changed by itself. I tried unlocking the phone using find my device but since I had not enabled this feature on my phone, I was unable to do so. I do not want to factory reset as I would loose all my data. 

I have been in contact with Samsung and they were unable to help sort it.

I enabled back up to my google account. For some strange reason it stopped backing up in 2019!. Just realised it.

Has anyone been in this situation and were you able  to unlock your phone without having to do a factory reset?

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rachoyi20  If you don’t know the passcode you’ll have to factory reset it.  There is no way around this. 

Hi @Rachoyi20 

Try asking the owner. The password doesn't change by itself. You also normally have two ways to access, for example the pattern and passcode, If you forget one you can use the other. 

If you factory reset you might need your Google credentials you used on the phone to reactivate. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
The phone belongs to me. I have not forgotten the password. It changed by
itself. Samsung confirmed this has happened before. Unfortunately I did not
enable unlock my phone remotely feature on the phone.
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rachoyi20,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

As @Northerner mentioned, if you don't know the passcode/pattern to access your phone, you can use your Google account password after entering your PIN incorrectly five times.

James

Hold the Volume Down Button whilst holding down the power button.

This will restart the phone. Try your password then.

But passwords do not change on their own

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

The password did change on its own. I have spoken to Samsung, they confirmed it has happened to other customers but could not explain why it happened. 

Tried that as well but still did not accept my password. 

Did Samsung tell you themselves or are you just Google searching. Because passwords don't just change. 

But unfortunately unless you know the password or back up password or you haven't registered find my phone to remotely unlock it then your only way is to do a factory reset and in future just make sure you back up regularly.