cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Received a bill from EE, I don't have an EE number?

Andygv
Visitor

Hey there. I have received a letter from EE, my name appears along with an account number and bill reference. It looks legitimate, but I don't think I have an EE contract. This year I purchased an EE number for a throwaway phone to use whilst my main phone/sim was stolen in store. I don't use the number and have thrown away the sim and the papers, but I'm pretty sure I didn't sign up to a contract! The phone number for the bill doesn't appear on the papers, and I can't contact customer support to query it. My BT number is not recognised so I'm really confused.

The bill is for £273.61, and I'm wondering if there's a chance I bought a sim that came with a contract and I've been getting charged despite not using it unknowingly, my mental health has been pretty poor this year following a bereavement and I haven't been great at keeping track of these things. I'm wondering if I could share the account number, reference and my billing details with a member of EE staff and have them look over my query?

I have a number registered with BT, and I know they use the same network but I have paid my BT bills.

Thanks so much for your help!

Andy

2 REPLIES 2
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Andygv

Thanks for coming to the EE Community and flagging this with us. 

I would love to see if I can help further regarding this. 

When you have a moment please check your community inbox. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

nick_ro
Investigator
Investigator

It's likely someone has used your identity and address to order a phone and contract and intercepted the delivery.

Have you had any couriers knock on your door?