cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Broadband/router

PhoenixSS
Investigator
Investigator

Ok so I have an EE hub and 40 mbs fibre broadband. WHEn i use TV serives and stream video ( amazon youtube britbox etx) i have no issues. when I try to stream live radio on any device ( amazon Echo ( a few), PC TV.. ) always I get the same issue..... runs for a few mins then stops.. like iits buffereing... then it starts up again. I have tried multiple stations from different companies and ts alwasy the same! Its the same on all devices too.... any ideas i mean i can sytream 4K video no issues at all!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

How far away is the Echo from the router?

ok one Echo is right next to the router and connects via wifi... the Fire TV is a physical connection and again right next to the router

OK, which Hub, and are you able to split the 2.4 and 5Ghz WiFi bands?

Does the Echo play music via Amazon or Spotify or Tune in Radio?

Are you able to play music via any other device - iPad/Table that are WiFi only?

Yes i can spilt the wifi and it is split.

The stopping happens on any source, so Global Player, Tune in any.

It happens on any player, so the fire TV ( jvc all integrated ). thats connected by ethernet and the router is actuall tight behind the TV. It does it on a laptop and a tablet I have ... both windows 10... and I can have the main laptop docked... wired... or undocked.. WiFI... with no change.

Hi @PhoenixSS ,

Please may you check whether this also occurs with any BBC Sounds app which may exist on your devices?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

no.. the BBC seems to be more solid.

also just tried it on a iPad and it did the same. 

Probably try next with nearby European stations such as in France, and US stations.

Feels a lot like the issue is at the other end.

I agree the connection shouldn't just drop as the internet should be resilient to minor delays.

Perhaps try a few radio apps until you hit one which is stable. There may be online comparisons to suggest good ones kept frequently up to date.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net