cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Store wont accept return

kevin1803
Explorer

I took a ipad out from a branch on oxford street and was told memory would suffice but wasnt anoth so i took another contract out online for correct ipad, now i want to return the first one but store states you cant return goods - is this correct ?

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@kevin1803  That’s correct, you don’t have a cooling of period for store sales.     You have a 14 day cooling of period for online and phone sales.  

even if i have no covergae in my area thus cannot use the sim for internet anywhere ?

my area is terrible for calls so this this is un-usable on the network?

thanks

If you had no service in your area why would you then buy another contract from EE online?

Sorry you can't just try and get out of the contract.

There is no cooling off period.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@kevin1803 : It's all according to "Selling at a distance" legislation. By visiting a store you had the opportunity to see & handle the goods & ask Qs.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It's worth a read of this EE help page that explains the cancellation policy, which will reinforce the advice already given.

As has already been explained, there is no statutory "change of mind" right of return on instore purchases as would apply to online/telephone-based sales.

Coverage issues are a basis for a 14day cancellation, although historically this only applied to new-connections and not upgrades. I'm unsure if the same is true now.

@kevin1803  If you have a poor cellular signal you might be able to return the device this is stated within the T&Cs but because you have taken out another contract when you try and return it they will be able to see you have another device so they will probably not agree to the return because you still took out another contract knowing about the signal issue.    What is your postcode as the signal can be checked for your area ?