cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Need to remove broadband from my deceased father's account

memerson
Visitor

My father who owns this account passed away last month and I have desperately been trying to get in touch with EE to downgrade the account so it just covers the landline number, without the broadband plan.

I cannot seem to get through to EE, regardless of the several times I've attempted to call - this really needs to be solved soon as around £50 is going out of my father's bank account every month but I cannot cancel the service as I need the landline, just not the broadband.

Does anyone know of any other way to contact EE apart from calling? I cannot seem to find a contact form nor an email address and the Live Chat is useless.

Any help is appreciated as I need to get this matter settled soon as we need to transfer the bank account and set up new direct debits elsewhere.

Thanks

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

EE will not do landline alone, You must have BB with them. You could transfer the no. to another phone provider like BT by just applying to them. This will have the effect of auto cancelling both the BB & the landline.

Use this online form to tell EE about an account holder's death.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @memerson ,

Welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear about the passing of your father.

Have you clicked on the contact us? You will find an 0800 number there, which you can use to contact EE. EE do not have an email address and the live chat is only available when someone is able to chat, but not sure it is available for broadband customers. There is a postal address which you should find there. I have not had difficulty getting in touch by phone with EE, but the quickest way is to ring them and I would suggest using the r0800 number.

Yes forgot EE do not do landline only, as @XRaySpeX has suggested, move your landline to another provider is the only way.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.