cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Smart number technology - galaxy watch

Hayden_
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

I have a OnePlus 7 Pro but I'm interested in purchasing a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 LTE version. I noticed EE offer 'Smart Number Technology' for iOS devices where you can use your number on multiple devices. Does this work with Android? Like, say if I go out and leave my phone at home, can I made/receive calls & texts on my smartwatch without my phone being near/on? Vodafone offer this, and it works for Android so I was just wondering.

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Hayden_   You can get the watch anywhere and then you’ll be on a sim only plan for it at £7 per month and you’ll get 10Gb per month just for the watch your call/text allowance come from your phone allowance and yes you could be 100 miles away and it’ll still pick up the calls/text.    The watch will not work with cellular out side the UK though.   You set up the watch plan via the wear app on your phone. 

just to point out with it not being a Samsung phone there is no guarantee that all functions of the watch will be fully compatible with the phone.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hayden_   The watch will receive calls/text that are sent to your phone and you can call/text from the watch if your phone is not with you.   Your phone has to be on though to send texts when your phone isn’t with you. 

.  this is not smart number technology as that is some different.  

That's fine, my phone is likely to always be on when I leave it at home anyway. Just to clarify, I could be 100 miles away (for example) without my phone but still make phone calls/texts on the watch, as long as its the 4g variant. Do I need  to purchase it from EE or can I buy it on Amazon (4g version) and get it to work? Are there any extra monthly costs?

@Hayden_   You can get the watch anywhere and then you’ll be on a sim only plan for it at £7 per month and you’ll get 10Gb per month just for the watch your call/text allowance come from your phone allowance and yes you could be 100 miles away and it’ll still pick up the calls/text.    The watch will not work with cellular out side the UK though.   You set up the watch plan via the wear app on your phone. 

just to point out with it not being a Samsung phone there is no guarantee that all functions of the watch will be fully compatible with the phone.  

@Chris_BWhere do i get the £7 per month with 10GB offer? I can only see 250MB at around that price point.

Hi @Hayden_,

Welcome to the community 🙂

You can opt for the Data plan when you pair a watch that has not been bought from EE once you have the device.

We have an article on the community with the steps for you to follow to set up your Samsung Galaxy Watch

Alex 🙂